Clear all

Mid 2015 15-inch MacBook Pro eGPU Master Thread  

of  13
  RSS

chynk
(@chynk)
Eminent Member

Update-

Managed to get it working with my 1080ti!

I couldn't even tell you confidently what went right

The only changes I made were swapping the thunderbolt ports from originally using the one closer to the trackpad to using the one closer to the charging port

Along with that I tried to run apple_set_os.EFI and suddenly it was able to recognize my eGPU (previously with my 5700xt it didn't recognize a eGPU)

Later I restarted my mac and it boot up in bootcamp without apple_set_os.EFI

That's all I know of, I wish I could be of more help

Cheers-

This post was modified 1 month ago
2015 15" MacBook Pro (R9 M370X) [4th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
macnexus
(@macnexus)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @chynk

Update-

Managed to get it working with my 1080ti!

I couldn't even tell you confidently what went right

The only changes I made were swapping the thunderbolt ports from originally using the one closer to the trackpad to using the one closer to the charging port

Along with that I tried to run apple_set_os.EFI and suddenly it was able to recognize my eGPU (previously with my 5700xt it didn't recognize a eGPU)

Later I restarted my mac and it boot up in bootcamp without apple_set_os.EFI

That's all I know of, I wish I could be of more help

Cheers-

Glad to hear that you finally got it to work. I will still recommend to use the apple_set_os EFI scripts in the first post to activate the iGPU and deactivate the dGPU in Windows 10. From my experience, the laptop runs quieter and cooler when the dGPU is deactivated.

Computer: Mid 2015 MacBook Pro 15" with M370X dGPU
eGPU: R43SG + Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB

ReplyQuote
chynk
(@chynk)
Eminent Member

@macnexus, yes will do! Thanks for the insight-

2015 15" MacBook Pro (R9 M370X) [4th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
 of  13