Mid 2015 15-inch MacBook Pro eGPU Master Thread

Notifications
Clear all

Mid 2015 15-inch MacBook Pro eGPU Master Thread  

of  13
  RSS

anonymousse
(@anonymousse)

@weekendiac, it works properly in MacOS but i am experiencing the same problem with goalque 's script...

MacBook Pro 11,5 (Mid 2015 with AMD Radeon R9 M370X)
eGPU: Razer Core X with Apple TB3 to TB2 adapter and AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 using external Display

ReplyQuote
anonymousse
(@anonymousse)

@weekendiac I made my Vega 56 work properly! I followed the instryctions of this topic.

No need of EFI trick, just de-install -> install amd drivers and use the eGPU-toggler with you own material ID (follow the instructions).

I works just fine, I can play Far Cry 5 in Ultra, 2K resolution on an external display.

I hope that it will work for you too Smile

eGPU: Razer Core X with Apple TB3 to TB2 adapter and AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 using external Display

ReplyQuote
Weekendiac
(@weekendiac)
Eminent Member

mhhhh, not for me! I had already done that all before.
Ok I just did it now again, still no success! 

The eGPU-toggler did not help me. Maybe I did something wrong. I do not know, which is the right PCIE-Controller. I just choose the ID of that one over the eGPU. then run ... after a while toggler finished without any comment.

?

MacBook Pro 11,5 (15“ Mid 2015 with AMD Radeon R9 M370X, 16GB, 1TB SSD)
eGPU: Razer Core X Chroma with Apple TB3 to TB2 adapter and AMD Radeon Vega 64 using internal Display
Windows 10 pro build 2004 .19619 (by Windows Insider fast ring programm) and MacOS Catalina 10.15.5 with Purge Wrangler

ReplyQuote
anonymousse
(@anonymousse)

Ok I admit that I was a bit confused with the right Material ID to choose too. The first one is the root pcie port (something like 0D05, exactly like the one in the script). And the second one is the ID that you obtain when you right-click directly on "Vega 64" device. The multiple occurences of this port must be changed in the script.
Maybe didn't we pick the same drivers? :/

ReplyQuote
Weekendiac
(@weekendiac)
Eminent Member

Well, today I tried it again. But it seems to me, that our Macs are different.

I had made some pictures. Do not wonder: it‘s a german windows version.

In Toggler, I changed the marked positions.
I hope that the selected points are the right ones!?

And here is my device manager:

I disabled and enabled all possible bridges.
Number 1,2,3 and 6 are only possible to deactivate. The rest is not possible.

And I tried these 4 in toggler too. Without success! 😞

I use the left Thunderbolt port on the left side.

Any Ideas?

This post was modified 1 year ago

eGPU: Razer Core X Chroma with Apple TB3 to TB2 adapter and AMD Radeon Vega 64 using internal Display
Windows 10 pro build 2004 .19619 (by Windows Insider fast ring programm) and MacOS Catalina 10.15.5 with Purge Wrangler

ReplyQuote
anonymousse
(@anonymousse)

Hi! Here are the ports i used:

9289 image

And the script i used:

Capture d’écran 2020 05 07 à 15.41.28

I'm pretty much sure that your adress number 1 must end in 0D05, it was the same for me than for the author of the script, and it is the number 8 in your picture i believe.

And what do you mean by "the rest is not possible to deactivate"?

And btw I use the thunderbolt port close to the USB port, it does not work with the other one...

Keep faith Smile

ReplyQuote
Weekendiac
(@weekendiac)
Eminent Member

@anonymousse, oh yes there is - after changing the thunderbolt-port - the above pcie bridge with 0d05.
Great! But I am not allowed to disable it. I do this as administrator - sure. And toggler just tells me that the device is not able to be disabled.

For a while I could see the card. But after a restart the system does not detect it anymore on right TB-port.

Any ideas?

ReplyQuote
Weekendiac
(@weekendiac)
Eminent Member

@anonymousse, so, I had made some changes. I had updated Windows to 1909 and changed the pci.sys.

Now I have the correct ID of the PCI Bridge. But I am not able to disable it. 

so I am Right at the finish line. I just need to disable/enable the bridge.

But how? Toggler is not able to... 🧐

ReplyQuote
anonymousse
(@anonymousse)

Hi! I'm afraid I have no solution for you, I have no issue disabling this bridge... Maybe try to reinstall the drivers?

ReplyQuote
Weekendiac
(@weekendiac)
Eminent Member

So last chance for me and maybe easiest way for most users, is to set the correct mm commands for different GPUs.

As far as I understood; these are best for Radeon VII: 

[Please login to see this]

And now I must change the first three lines of mm commands for getting my Vega 64 going. Unfortunately I do not know where I can get these data. 
Is anybody able to help, please? 😩

ReplyQuote
 of  13