Need Help - Code 31 and NVIDIA Installer Failure - 2018 15" MacBook Pro (Radeon ...

Notifications
Clear all

Need Help - Code 31 and NVIDIA Installer Failure - 2018 15" MacBook Pro (Radeon Pro 560X / Intel UHD Graphics 630) + Razer Core X + NVIDIA RTX 3060 Ti  

RSS

tolerant
(@tolerant)

Hi guys,

Running Windows 10 21H1 19043.1110 in Boot Camp, latest macOS. I cannot for the life of me get my setup to work. Here are two screenshots showing the two problems.

I tried DDU, removed the drivers for all three graphics cards (integrated, discreet, external/eGPU).

I tried having the modified AMD BootCamp drivers installed alongside (Adrenalin July 2021 Red Gaming edition).

I tried hot plugging and cold booting.

I tried the the automate-eGPU EFI method, which resulted in at first a crash after getting to the macOS desktop, and then every time after, it would just freeze when selecting the boot into macOS option, causing me to have to force shutdown the system every time. I guess this is because in that thread it says, "As of Catalina, Apple has tightened EFI security of dGPU equipped MBPs... Please try startup.nsh EFI Shell approach instead described on my 2015 15" MacBook Pro Master Thread."

So, I visited the aforementioned thread, but I'm lost as to what to do next. The instructions are geared towards the older MacBooks, and at this point, I'm too frustrated to sit down and read through it step by step and figure out what applies to me and what doesn't. I was hoping this would be plug n' play considering it's an NVIDIA eGPU, but nope!

Any help is appreciated.

2018 MacBookPro15,1
2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB
Razer Core X
NVIDIA RTX 3060 Ti

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
palbar12
(@palbar12)

Try an older version of windows !!!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote