[Need Help] Setup Bootcamp and Egpu on Mac 2012
- Mac mini 2012
- AMD Radeon RX 580 8G
- eGPU : AKiTiO Thunder 2 Box (Thunderbolt 2)
- MACOS Catalina 10.15.5
- Bootcamp : Win10 v1903
I have installed the egpu and work without problem on Mac OS.
But I can't get it work on Bootcamp yet.
Here the step I tried for Bootcamp :
- Installed Bootcamp with Windows 10, Version 1903 - 19H1 (build 18362.30) version.
- Unplugged the thunderbolt and booted on the hdmi port from the mac mini.
- Booted on windows (without internet)
- I have installed the patch windows10.0-kb4512508.
- Removed the auto-update from windows
- Activated the internet
- Tried apple_set_os.efi and automate-eGPU method but didn't worked.
I have copied files on a partition EFI/Boot/
but when I reboot the mac mini, press option key, the EFIboot shows, and execute automate-eGPU (with the egpu not plugged and plugged).
The script run until the "ready" screen where you select the os to boot, but when I choose Windows it's not booting. And the black screen with the menu seems to be freezed.
Do I have missed something?
I have also tried to hotplug (only the thunderbolt without the hdmi) when windows loging screen is loading.
My Thunderbolt 2 egpu box is not listed on Windows devices.