New Build Macbook pro 2020 with EGPU an a NVIDIA 2070 8gb

Notifications
Clear all

New Build Macbook pro 2020 with EGPU an a NVIDIA 2070 8gb  

RSS

Panther2512
(@panther2512)

Well hello there,

i have bought my self a Macbook pro 13 with the 2,0 GHz Quad‑Core Intel Core i5 Prozessor der 10. Generation and the intel Iris Plus Graphics and 16 GB Ram.

Plus i got my self the Razer core X Chroma and a Phoenix Geforce RTX 2070 8GB. and i allready had 2 external monitors from Dell.

So i startet with the Windows installation i got the newest version installed via Bootcamp. no Problem Yet.

After that i installed my NVIDIA RTX 2070 in the Razer core. Than Updatet the windows Driver after i connectet the EGPU. Than bevor Win 10 automaticly restatet, i installed the Razer core driver.

After the Win restart i downloaded the Updatet driver from NVIDIA.com and installed that.

When i go in to divice manager i can see my RTX 2070 is connectet an showing no problem.

But now comes my Problem...

First i have connectet my external monitor via DP to my RTX 2070 an had no image on my Monitor.

Than i startet Rainbow six sidge to see what if may macbook is still jusing the intel grafics an dit did so...

My probles are that my graphic cart dont seams to be getting jused on may internal monitor of the Macbook and i can not connect anny monitor to my the RTX 2070 (to get an image output).

can anyone help me i am lost ?!

an i can not finde anything online about that ?!

And sorry for my Englisch i am German..

This topic was modified 5 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@panther2512, Which Windows 10 version are you running?

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 6700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Panther2512
(@panther2512)

@itsage, i am jusing the newest version 20H2 19042.685 i recently did an update

This post was modified 5 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

Do you see the Nvidia Optimus icon in the taskbar? When right clicking the Desktop, can you see Nvidia Control Panel? I would say to download and run DDU to remove the current graphics drivers and manually install the latest Nvidia drivers.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 6700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Panther2512
(@panther2512)

@itsage,

Well i have downloaded the DDU and removed all the drivers and startet new but it still doesn’t work. I can see the Grafikcart but in the grafic setting i can still only just see my integrated gpu. 

About the NVIDIA Contol Panel i can see it click on it is even asking me to accept some new regulations but than the program disappears, with disappearing i meen just not showing that it’s running for example in my bottom coner in the taks bar.

is there a possibility that we go in an chat and i would show you ore send some pictures... ?

and all of that after new year !?

ReplyQuote