Notifications
Clear all

[Newbie] iMac 2020 (i7/RP5700XT) looking for FPS Upgrade on external Screen  

of  2
  RSS

Mini i5
(@mini-i5)
Prominent Member

@edwardblake, you might try a simple fix that works for AMD cards on the Mac Mini.

Try a few re-starts using the iMac power button. Wait long enough for Windows to boot up each time.

(Leave your eGPU plugged in and powered on and connected to an external display while you are doing this)

2018 Mac Mini + AMD RP W5500 (Sonnet Breakaway Box 650) Big Sur 11.6 + Windows 21H1

2018 Mac Mini [8th,6C,B] + RP W5500 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Sonnet Breakaway 650) + macOS 11.6 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Edwardblake
(@edwardblake)

Didn‘t work so far. 

Currently in my device Manager are now the Stock Intel Display Basic driver and the 3070 ti with the error Code 12 (Not enough resources) 

i DDU‘d the Radeon Bootcamp drivers and Updated the listest Windows Version. Dont know Yet what to try Next. 

anyone Else an Good tip? 🦦🥴😊

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Edwardblake
(@edwardblake)

Still no progress.

I reinstalled Windows 10 via Bootcamp and all the Basic Bootcamp Driver. --> Restart

Then Hotpluged the eGPU with out Display - Device Manager recognized a new Device as Windows Basic Display adaptor. 

Downloaded the newest nvidia drivers and installed. After finishing the installation i had to restart and boom Error Code 12 was set. 

The nVidia Control Panel wont open or start - dont know yet why. 

I Try to delete all nvidia Drivers and disconnect the egpu from the Device Manager - then check all Updated again and DDU the Radeon Pro Drivers from Bootcamp after that i try again. Any Comments or how to/When perform the Plugging? Plug with Display connected to Graphics? Just toggle the Power of the eGPU or always pull the TB3 cable

Thank you all in Advance. 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
 of  2