Please Help!!! MBP 13'' 2017 + rtx 2070 super in razer core x, gives BSOD

Notifications
Clear all

Please Help!!! MBP 13'' 2017 + rtx 2070 super in razer core x, gives BSOD  

RSS

I Hate The Ocean
(@i_hate_the_ocean)

Hi all, I am writing here because you all are very smart when it comes to bootcamp issues with eGPUS, please help me?

I just set up my eGPU with a GeForce RTX 2070 super, plugged it into the mac booted in windows 10, it started setting up the card, prompted me to restart, as it should.

After the restart when I turned the eGPU back on the BSOD happened. 

When I looked into the device manager to check the display adaptors the NVIDIA driver was not there at all, contradicting the preparing it did before the restart? I tried to install the driver manually from their site but it wouldnt do it without the eGPU being detected, and when I turned it on so it could it BSOD instantly. 

Please help me, all help is appreciated. 

Thank you

Edit1: the famous hot-plug at windows logo seemed to work, but will I have to do it always or is it just a one time thing; Im worried it could damage something

This topic was modified 2 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Ivan Loo
(@ivan_loo)
Eminent Member

@i_hate_the_ocean, what is the BSOD error?

If the following is your situation:

1. When eGPU is hot-plugged in and Windows immediately results in BSOD.

2. BSOD message is "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILUER".

then, this solution worked for me:

Under your device manager, disable all Network Adaptors. 

Successful Build: MBP 2018 with Razer Core X Chroma + nVidia 2080 Super.
Currently attempting: MBA 2020 Core i7 with Razer Core X Chroma + nVidia 20280 Super (Stuck with Error 12)

ReplyQuote
I Hate The Ocean
(@i_hate_the_ocean)

@ivan_loo

Hi, thank you for responging. 

There is no error in the BSOD, its just a glitchy blue screen that goes into a shut down/restart. 

I can live with the hot-plug mechanic, but now sometimes (most of the time) whenever I bootup with the eGPU working properly, no BSOD, the audio suddenly doesnt work. Not in headphones, not in speakers, nothing. Running troubleshooting and disabling and enabling the drivers works sometimes if Im lucky, sometimes it doesnt for some reason and then sends me into tons of restarts trying to figure it out. Any tips?

Any help is appreciated.

This post was modified 2 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Ivan Loo
(@ivan_loo)
Eminent Member

@i_hate_the_ocean, the glitchy blue screen is a BSOD. You have the same exact symptoms.

Please try disabling your network adapter and try hotplugging again.

This is the exact steps:

1. Disconnect your eGPU

2. Boot into windows and sign in.

3. After signing in, go to Control Panel -> System and disable the your network adapters.

4. Plug your eGPU in.

This post was modified 2 months ago

Successful Build: MBP 2018 with Razer Core X Chroma + nVidia 2080 Super.
Currently attempting: MBA 2020 Core i7 with Razer Core X Chroma + nVidia 20280 Super (Stuck with Error 12)

ReplyQuote