Notifications
Clear all

[Problem] Egpu 2080 ti suddenly very slow - Bootcamp  

RSS

Yves
 Yves
(@yves)

Hi,
i really read and checked a lot. I have been using bootcamp for a few month now: macbook pro 2017, Mantiz, 2080 ti

Everything worked great. But now it is suddenly not working at all. Even when browsing it seems laggy, in games i get like 20 frames when before 100+. Strangely it doesnt even matter if i put the graphic on low settings, it does not change the framerate.

I did a benchmark and it is basically only 15% of what i had before. 

There is no heat problem with my card. No errors, it works but super slow.

Anyone any idea how to fix it or what is the problem?

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) - 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7 - 16 GB Ram - Mantiz Venus - Gforce 2080 ti - DELL ALIENWARE AW3418DW - Windows 10

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member Moderator

So it shows up in device manager?
I'd recommend uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling, thats my first go to with anything Windows related. Thought my prick of a cat had chewed my decent headphones so much they were bust and I nearly chucked them but turned out it was just a driver issue.

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GTX1060 + AKiTiO Thunder3 + Win10
GTX1070 + Sonnet Breakaway Box + Win10
GTX1070 + Razer Core V1 + Win10
Vega 56 + Razer Core V1 + macOS + Win10
Vega 56 + Mantiz Venus + macOS + W10

---

LG 5K Ultrafine flickering issue fix

2017 13" MacBook Pro [7th,2C,U] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.15.4 & Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@yves Please provide full specs in your signature and describe whether you use an external monitor.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX 5600 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (VisionTek mini eGFX) + macOS 11 & Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Yves
 Yves
(@yves)

@itsage Ok just did. I use an external monitor.

I am not sure what the real problem is. In normal MacOS everything works fine that's why I assume its the GPU.

I did use DDU in Safemode and deinstalled drivers. After Reboot it installed some old gforce drivers but the problem is still there.
When i tried to install the newest nvidia drivers it fails after some time and says windows version is not compatible.

I guess if no one has any idea i will have to reinstall windows and see if the problem persists. 🙁

Edit: When i use taskmanager and look at resources nothing is out of the ordinary.

This post was modified 1 year ago

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) - 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7 - 16 GB Ram - Mantiz Venus - Gforce 2080 ti - DELL ALIENWARE AW3418DW - Windows 10

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

Which build of Windows 10 are you running? You can type winver in the taskbar search box to find out. Your Nvidia driver installation error could be related to Windows 10 1903 requiring DCH drivers. Make sure to select DCH for Download Type on Nvidia website. Is the Radeon dGPU being disabled or it's showing up as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"? If you use the eGPU through an external monitor, I'd recommend leaving the Radeon dGPU enabled and install graphics drivers for it (download from Bootcampdrivers.com). Also hot-plug an Nvidia eGPU in Boot Camp is possible with this 2017 15" MacBook Pro so do that instead of connecting the eGPU prior to boot.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX 5600 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (VisionTek mini eGFX) + macOS 11 & Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Yves
 Yves
(@yves)

@itsage

So i did everything you wrote. At one point it worked for a minute then the problem was back.

Today i reinstalled windows and everything but the problem is still there. Any other idea what could be the reason? Could it be a problem with the graphic card itself?

ReplyQuote