Radeon 6900 XT Bootcamp Driver Setup

Notifications
Clear all

Radeon 6900 XT Bootcamp Driver Setup  

RSS

appleluis
(@appleluis)

Hello, I just purchased the Razer Core X Chroma and the Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Nitro+. I would like to connect this to my 15" 2018 MacBook Pro. I booted to windows, and the GPU is connected, I try to install the drivers, but the fans don't start to spin. While booting up the case fan once started spinning for 2 seconds. The LEDs work, and my Keyboard and everything connected to the GPU enclosure works, there's no output to the 2 Monitor connected. I would love to get this set up to start streaming, but for some reason it won't work. If this isn't too much to expect id love it if someone can help me set this up. Thanks Smile

Edit: I'd love to use the GPU in macOS sometime, but I know the GPU isn't supported yet so i'll wait till it is unless anyone of you has a different solution.

Edit 2: I noticed why the GPU fans werent spinning the Razer Core X Chroma has the 6 / 8 Pin connectors, to turn them to 8 Pin you have to sorta clasp the 6 Pin and a 2 Pin together, My 2 pin wasnt in correctly. The GPU now spins, but the issue still stands, i just tried installing drivers, and it still didnt work. 🙁

This topic was modified 1 week ago

MacBook Pro 15" 2018 - i9, 32gb - MacOS 11 / Windows 10 | Razer Core X Chroma, Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Nitro+

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@appleluis, Check our build guides for 2018 15-in MacBook Pro with Radeon cards. You'd need the modified Radeon drivers from bootcampdrivers.com to use both dGPU and eGPU.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 14" MSI Prestige 14 EVO [11th,4C,G] + RTX 3080 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
appleluis
(@appleluis)

@itsage, Hi, thanks yea i figured it out after all. The Razer Core X Chroma has 2 6 pins and 2 2 pins that you need to connect to the 6 pins in order to make 2 8 pins. The 2 pins werent in correctly so it didnt get enough power. It works now, im just experiencing extreme power loss. I might open a new thread. I mean Im getting 60 - 100 FPS on MINECRAFT with the worst settings, no texture packs or shaders, and just 32 chunks render distance. Once i turn the Graphics on high (still no Shaders or Texturepacks) I only get about 40. I know that there is some powerloss with an eGPU but come on. A 1500$ card gets 40 FPS thats like 90% power loss. Im gonna open a new thread about this and hope that i can get help somehow. I installed the correct drivers and everything works, but there is such extreme powerloss that i dont think i could stream or something.

MacBook Pro 15" 2018 - i9, 32gb - MacOS 11 / Windows 10 | Razer Core X Chroma, Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Nitro+

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@appleluis, Please start a new topic so that we can get others' feedback on the RX 6000 series graphics cards and the drivers currently available for them. Due to lack of supply, many people (myself included) don't have our hands on these cards to provide much input. My observation of Radeon drivers in the past few months has not been very positive in terms of eGPU performance. The only version that produces good eGPU performance for me is 20.4.2.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 14" MSI Prestige 14 EVO [11th,4C,G] + RTX 3080 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
appleluis
(@appleluis)

@itsage, ok thanks ill open a topic later.

ReplyQuote