Razer Core X Chroma - AMD RX 5700 XT - unstable setup, low fps, recurrent frame ...

Notifications
Clear all

Razer Core X Chroma - AMD RX 5700 XT - unstable setup, low fps, recurrent frame drops  

of  3
  RSS

Saul Sigalov
(@saul_sigalov)

@andy_leung, Thanks for update.

I watched this viedo and put the overclock setting into the Raedon software:

It seemed to help a bit and I was getting 23-30 more fps.

However I still feel the card is really not performing at full capability. I should be getting 140 fps in BFV according t benchmarks but I'm getting between 40-80fps. And even trying to change setting to 1440p (I have a 1080 display) yeilds the same results which is crazy strange as it should yeild lower if anything.

I'm begining to think it may be a CPU issue? Or maybe just a driver issue.....Not really sure.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
King Wang
(@king_wang)

Posted by: @jens_engels
Posted by: @jake_castro

I have a very similar setup with the same issues. Another game I have big problems with is Modern Warfare. Still looking for answers.

Same here huuge problems with Modern Warfare: Warzone on eGPU. Im beginning to think its driver issues from AMD (RX 5700 XT), or high Cpu usage/bad optimization in warzone, as all other of my games Destiny 2, Cs:go, apex legends run perfectly on Ultra settings

Same here. Very poor performance and it went under 50fps all the time no matter how i changed the settings.   

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
abzz_a
(@abzz_a)

@king_wang, I have a 2019 MacBook Pro 15” with Vega 20 dGPU + Razer Core X with Vega 64 eGPU

I have similar issues in warzone when using my eGPU, I’ll get high FPS but they’ll drop regularly especially when outside, however I noticed that they are linked to CPU spikes, I had task manager open aswell as AMD Radeon overlay metrics, the FPS drops occur exactly when CPU usage spikes to 100% every 10 odd seconds. 

When I run the game on my dGPU I don’t get said FPS drops and the CPU usage doesn’t spike but as you can imagine the FPS is quite low in the 30fps region BUT it’s a consistent 30fps which can actually be better to play on than the 80/90 - 30 drops all the time using the eGPU, I think it’s to do with game optimisation because I can run fortnite on 4K at ultra and still get around 60fps.

However when I use the Vega 20 the game crashes quite frequently...it’s frustrating.

i tried using process lasso to set priority to normal but that doesn’t stop CPU spikes,

GPU is running at a constant 99% and changing the graphics settings doesn’t make a difference to FPS unless I put everything to the max, but generally whether I’m in 4K or 1080p it’s the CPU spikes causing dropped frames, anyone else notice this?

i usually game with only my external monitor on but I extended the displays so I could monitor the usage while playing and that’s when I noticed it, I also noticed if you have displays extended the game can use BOTH dGPU @ eGPU which I thought was really cool (and I wonder if that can improve graphics performance? If the cpu issue is sorted of course) but didn’t help much with dropped frames

2019 MacBook Pro 15” i9 Vega 20 + Razer Core X + Radeon RX Vega 64

ReplyQuote
Jens Engels
(@jens_engels)
Eminent Member

@king_wang, @abzz_a

Yes thats the weird part, nomatter which resolution it stays equally as bad. I made another thread here a while back about the issues. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/fp2prj/fps_drops_gpu_usage_drops_in_cod_warzone_rx_5700

hope it can get fixed in an update or so, but I highly doubt it at this point.

Late 2016 Macbook Pro + Razer Core X + AMD RX 5700 XT

ReplyQuote
Spiderpubes
(@spiderpubes)

If you're concerned about the drops being CPU related, try playing around with throttlestop, I have an 5700 XT and a Chroma too, I don't know if this has made a difference for me but we can't exactly do much.. it's up to AMD and Microsoft.

2019 15" MacBook Pro (RP560X) [9th,8C,H] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X Chroma) + macOS 10.15.4 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
abzz_a
(@abzz_a)

I believe they have fixed it, well it fixed for me, I have been playing around with a few things so can’t say for certain what it was, but no more CPU spikes, FPS is decently stable

Anyone else’s also working now?

2019 MacBook Pro 15” i9 Vega 20 + Razer Core X + Radeon RX Vega 64

ReplyQuote
Przemek Ozgo
(@przemek_ozgo)

Same with me. My config below.

I'm going to play with Radeon Config and see If I can get it working. So annoying. Diablo3 works though 😛 hahaha. 

2018 MacBook Pro 15" (i9-8950HK, 32GB, RP560X), Razer Core X Chroma + AMD Radeon VII, 34" DELL U3415W

ReplyQuote
 of  3