Razer Core X disables Bluetooth when connected to MacBook Pro 16 (2019 model) on...

Notifications
Clear all

Razer Core X disables Bluetooth when connected to MacBook Pro 16 (2019 model) on Windows 10 2004  

RSS

Beth Gibbons
(@beth_gibbons)

So I went to attempt to use my Razer Core X on my Macbook Pro 16 (2019) on the latest version of Windows 10, but when I switch my eGPU on my computer freezes for a minute and then bluetooth is disabled as the system connects to my RTX 2080 Super GPU. I went to open device manager and it says the Broadcom controller's door is opened or something to that effect and I can't toggle it back on.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Rycco
(@rycco)
Reputable Member

I have the same gear, and my bluetooth on Windows works 60% of the time. I do eGPU hot plugging after logged in on Windows. If it doesnt work I restart and usually works.

2017 15" MacBook Pro (RP555) [7th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.12.6 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
DeliciousAlbatross7
(@deliciousalbatross7)

My setup is MBP 16”+ Razer Core X Chrome + RX5700XT. My Bluetooth works(ish) 90% of the time if I hot plug with the left side ports. Works 50% of the time using hot plug right side ports. Work 20% of the time with cold plug. 

I said work(ish) is because it seems be working more reliably with bluetooth 5.0 devices. For Bluetooth 4.2(my keyboard), even thought the macbook’ Bluetooth chip is working, and it connects with BT5.0 devices fine, for my BT keyboard, it always says “driver error”. However, if I’m not connected to the eGPU, the keyboard works 100% of the time. 

2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5500M) [9th,8C,H] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X Chroma) + macOS 10.15.5 & Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Beth Gibbons
(@beth_gibbons)

what i ended up doing was disable the bluetooth controller in device manager before hot plugging the egpu and then enable when the system resolves the connection

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote