Razer Core X (rtx 2060 super) NOT WORKING on 2019 MBP '16 bootcamp

Notifications
Clear all

Razer Core X (rtx 2060 super) NOT WORKING on 2019 MBP '16 bootcamp  

RSS

Lorenzo Aloi
(@lorenzo_aloi)

Hello

It's some time now that I'm trying to figure out how to set up my gigabyte rtx 2060 super with the razer core x egpu un my MBP 16 (bootcamp) running windows 10 (20H2, which shold be the latest; OS build: 19042.662)

Hardware:

- macbook pro 16 - i7, 5500m 8gb, RAM 16gb, SSD 512gb

- razer core x

- gigabyte rtx 2060 super

I read tons of threads on different forums and they all say that egpu with nvidia cards is so easy and efficient, but my computer DOESN'T even DETECT THE GPU on device manager. I installed the driver that comes with the GPU, but still nothing to do. I read posts that say that without a dGPU it's easier so i tried to figure out how to use the iGPU. But I still haven't found out how to do that, people say that you need to disable SECURE BOOT and then you can use the iGPU. But then again, how do you do that? Some say that you have to access the BIOS and set the graphics card to "switchable", so I tried to enter the BIOS (which should also be needed to disable secure boot) so you should be able to solve it like this right? 

• Go to Settings > Update & Security > Advanced Startup options.
  • Then you click on Restart Now, it will reboot your PC, and offer you all these advanced options.
  • Select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options.
  • This screen offers further options which include System Restore, Startup repair, Go back to the previous version, Command Prompt, System Image Recovery, and UEFI Firmware Settings.
  • Select UEFI Firmware Settings, and it will take to the BIOS.

Actually it appears that it's not that simple...

Right now I really don't know what to do.

I tried to install the nvidia drivers anyway but it says that it is "not compatible" and it doesn't recognize the GPU or the windows version is not compatible.

I really am reading and trying anything.

Does someone have any tips or can in anyway help me at all?

thanks in advance.

This topic was modified 4 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Step
 Step
(@step)

To get to secure boot (google is also your friend), you need to boot the Mac using CMD + R (Recovery Mode). From there you can disable secure boot when it comes to the system.

If you mean you want to disable "Driver Signature Enforcement in Command Prompt" (run as admin):

bcdedit /set nointegritychecks on

Mac Mini 2018 i5 32GB 256GB, MacBook Pro 13" 2020 i7 32GB 512GB and a Razer Core X. To-buy: AMD RX 5700/6700 (XT).

ReplyQuote