Razer Core + XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT - Recognises Monitor but no Output?

Notifications
Clear all

Razer Core + XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT - Recognises Monitor but no Output?  

RSS

picard91
(@picard91)

Evening All,

I was super excited yesterday to recieve my new Razer Core & XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT.
I've spent the last 6/7 hours trying to fix the problem to no avail 🙁 I have a Macbook Pro 2019 - 15inch i9, Radeon Pro 560X

Bootcamp recognises a second monitor, even gives me the details of the monitor, lets me change resolution etc however the external monitor is just displaying like there is no signal input. Currently trying HDMI, i will try DP tomorrow when a cable arrives.

What I did and have tried to do to resolve the problem below.

I saw these two builds which made it sound super simple, researched before didn't come across too many posts of people that had had major problems.

https://egpu.io/forums/bootcamp/guide-15-2019-macbook-pro-razer-core-x-ati-5700-xt-bootcamp/

https://egpu.io/forums/builds/2019-15-macbook-pro-rp560x-9th-8c-h-saphire-pulse-rx-5700-xt-32gbps-tb3-razer-core-x-chroma-macos-10-15-4-windows-10/

Installed Win 10 18362.30, all bootcamp drivers ran fine, nice and stable. Rebooted Safe Mode, Uninstalled drivers via DDU, installed Adrenaline Red April 2020 (as per the build guide). Installed fine, no errors, plugged in, recognizes the card in Device manager, fans running on card inside Razer Core..

I have tried Cold Starts, plugging in during bootup, uninstall, reinstall, uninstall bootcamp, reinstall bootcamp, install 0x600 flags.. No fix :/

Intrestingly enough when I disable my inbuilt Radeon 560x my internal monitor functions using the 5700xt :/

Any Ideas?

EGPU working fine in OSX Catalina... Plug and Play Grin

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Sorry if the post is not very clear, my mind is fried, hoping to have something to try in the morning.

Thank you in advance Smile

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@picard91, Run DDU again and make sure you open OPTIONS to disable Windows auto detect and install of new devices. You can then follow the Boot Camp procedure in @mac_editor's build. Use DisplayPort cable if you can.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 15" HP Spectre X360 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
picard91
(@picard91)

@itsage Thank you so much! Up and running, nice and simple this time... Wonder what I did wrong in the first place! :/

Really appreciated Smile

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@picard91, That's good to hear! Windows has a bad habit of opting for the wrong drivers. Unless you specifically tell it to get in the back seat, you'd never know which drivers are being used at next boot.

2020 15" HP Spectre X360 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
picard91
(@picard91)

@itsage,

Got ya, Smile I setup for windows update to notify me for updates instead of downloading and installing so hopefully it keeps those pesky things away! 

ideally I’d like to upgrade to the latest edition of bootcampdrivers.com

i feel like it might be like playing with fire? Should I leave them at the 2019 edition? 

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@picard91, Radeon drivers newer than 20.4.2 have been no good for my eGPU testing. The performance is very inconsistent between apps/games. You can try April 2020 drivers but don't go further than that.

picard91 liked
ReplyQuote
picard91
(@picard91)

Thanks for the advice, think I won’t risk it for now 😀😀

ReplyQuote