RTX 2070 with sonnet breakaway box not working - WDF_VIOLATION

Notifications
Clear all

RTX 2070 with sonnet breakaway box not working - WDF_VIOLATION  

RSS

Christopher Neal
(@christopher_neal)

So this is what happened. I am extremely upset and tired at this whole ordeal. It was supposed to be a birthday gift I setup for my dad but I can’t get it to work. 

This is what happened:

- installed bootcamp, everything went smoothly

- hot plugged my egpu

- correct drivers automatically installed and it works fine

- turned off computer, turn it back on with egpu plugged in on accident 

- now every time I plug in egpu, it crashes and says WDF_VIOLATION

Things I have tried: 

restarting computer 

clean copy of windows
unpartitioned bootcamp and Repartioned

using DDU to remove the drivers and trying to plug it back it to re install the working ones

Can anyone please help? I’m not sure if this helps but I’m on a 2019 MacBook, 15 inches I think. Intel i9 9980HK, 32gb RAM, Vega 20 built in GPU. 

Also I’d like to note, my card isn’t dead. I was playing CoD Warzone on MAX settings before this. I’m not sure why this is happening so much. 

Update: I uninstalled 1909 and switched to 2004 (windows version) and it is still doing it. 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@christopher_neal, Many RTX cards with firmware compatibility issue with Macs so you likely won't be able to boot the computer with the eGPU connected. Try Windows 10 1903 V1 which has very good hot-plug support.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Christopher Neal
(@christopher_neal)

Update

installed 1903, used DDU to remove GPU drivers, and bam! My egpu was working. 
I tried to turn my computer off with it still plugged in, so i could unplug it, turn it back on, and plug it back in to see if it would work normally 

BUT, when I turned off the system, it crashed saying WDF_Violation again. 
Very strange 

now I’m back to square one. When I plug it in, I get the violation error code. 

This post was modified 1 month ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Famed Member Moderator

ReplyQuote