RTX 3080 TI Windows Bootcamp 2020 iMac 27" 5K i9 10 core 5700 XT 16 GB eGpu Raze...

Notifications
Clear all

RTX 3080 TI Windows Bootcamp 2020 iMac 27" 5K i9 10 core 5700 XT 16 GB eGpu Razer Core X Error 12 !!!  

of  2
  RSS

rolandoblomblando
(@rolandoblomblando)

Windows 10 1903 v1 didn’t work. I tried literally every plugging approach including cold plugging (black screen), plugging on boot select (black screen), hot plugging (code 12) and plugging after startup (code 12). I tried adding HackFlags (both 400 and 600). Disabling and enabling different things in device manager. Uninstalling and reinstalling under different conditions. This feels hopeless.

I honestly think this is possible, it’s just expertise that I don’t think anybody on this forum has to actually understand what is at the root of the code 12 issue in these cases. I do believe something is unique about some of these rtx cards and the new 2020 iMacs that is just making it not work. I do appreciate you trying though. I’m off to sell this 3060 ti

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@rolandoblomblando, Not too many build with an iMac. My recommendation is to stay at 1903 V1, then start identifying PCI Root ports that currently not in use. You can go through them in Device Manager and disable them to see if that would free up enough resources for Windows to allocate those to the eGPU.

LinkedIn | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 Gigabyte Z590i Vision D [11th,6C] + RTX 3060 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (Gigabyte Gaming Box) + Win11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
rolandoblomblando
(@rolandoblomblando)

@itsage, I tried that also. Nothing worked. :/

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
palbar12
(@palbar12)

@rolandoblomblando, Hi not work ... error 12...

ReplyQuote
(@onhel)

Has there been a resolution for this. I just got the 3080 ti and getting the 12 too

ReplyQuote
 of  2