Sapphire Radeon 5600XT + Mac Mini 2018 Windows (1903) Bootcamp Startup Issues

Notifications
Clear all

Sapphire Radeon 5600XT + Mac Mini 2018 Windows (1903) Bootcamp Startup Issues  

RSS

Derek Brannon
(@derek_brannon)

Hey there! Not sure if this is the right place to post this question but I'll give it a shot. I got my 2018 Mac Mini (Catalina) working with my Sapphire Radeon 5600XT egpu (via a Sonnet Breakaway 550watt enclosure) and am able to play games etc. It took a little finagling in the beginning but I got everything up and running using drivers from bootcampdrivers.com 

I am however having an issue on boot up. I'm using display port out of my card and am plugging it directly into my monitor, and am cold booting the egpu in tandem with the mac (hot plugging doesn't work). About 50% of the time I can get to the Windows sign in screen no problem. The other 50% of the time I get a black screen during the point at which I would be able to sign in (i know its that point based on what the lights on my keyboard/mouse are doing).

Let me know if there's a post dealing with this issue directly!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Brandon Baik
(@brandon_baik)

The part where the external screen is dark at login -> it's been the same with my macbook pro build.

The thing is, after I login, the screen turns on.

My guess is that if you do the standard login procedure (hit enter, blind-type your password), the screen'll turn on.

2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5300M) [9th,6C,H] + RX 5600 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Sonnet Breakaway 550) + macOS 10.15.6 & Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Mini i5
(@mini-i5)
Honorable Member

@derek_brannon

Which version and build of Windows? What version of Mac OS Catalina?

2018 Mac Mini i5 / 6-core 3.0-4.1 Ghz / 32GB / 256GB / Intel UHD 630 / PowerColor Gaming Station / PowerColor dual-fan RX 5700 XT / Mac OS 10.15.6 Catalina / Windows 2004 😏 / Dual LG 27" 4K displays

ReplyQuote