Step-By-Step Guides to install nVidia and AMD eGPU Cards on Bootcamp 15-inch Mac...

Notifications
Clear all

Step-By-Step Guides to install nVidia and AMD eGPU Cards on Bootcamp 15-inch MacBook 2018, 2017, 2016 and most Macs with AMD dGPU  

of  15
  RSS

Marco Di Giovanni
(@marco_di_giovanni)

@oliverb, decided to downgrade to the Win 10 1903 build (18362.30) since some were saying that they weren't getting Code 12 with that one, but unfortunately, still no luck 🙁 

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
MacOS Catalina + Windows 10
2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Radeon Pro 455 2 GB

2016 15" MacBook Pro (RP455) [6th,4C,H] + RX 580 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + macOS 10.15.4 & Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Mika Kempter
(@mika_kempter)

@oliverb Did Not work with my 15“ 2019+RX 590 still getting black Screen when i Reboot with the egpu, i am a Little bit confused cause this Guide seems to work for almost everyone

Pls help i am confused😂

This post was modified 2 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
OliverB
(@oliverb)
Noble Member

Posted by: @mika_kempter

@oliverb Did Not work with my 15“ 2019+RX 590 still getting black Screen when i Reboot with the egpu, i am a Little bit confused cause this Guide seems to work for almost everyone

Pls help i am confused😂

You must follow the guide step by step. If you miss just one little step, you get a black screen. Just rebooting with eGPU gets a black screen for everyone.

2018 15" MBP & 2015 13" MBP connected to RTX2080Ti GTX1080Ti GTX1080 Vega56 RX580 R9-290 GTX680

2018 15" MacBook Pro (RP560X) [8th,6C,H] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Station Pro) + Win10 & macOS 10.15.4 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Mika Kempter
(@mika_kempter)

@oliverb, so i did everything as explained in the Guide but it still does not work what else can i try  or is it impossible to get an egpu to work on a 2019 15" ?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Techen
(@techen)

Can confirm that Windows Ver. 2004 and beta Big sur still works with Nvidia and my sonnet egpu. Hot plugging still required after boot into windows but zero issues playing any games off the gpu

macbook Pro 2020 10th gen intel 

sonnet 550w breakaway

1660 super 

ReplyQuote
Jasper Happensprat
(@jasper_happensprat)

Did my eyes just deceive me or did Techen actually write  ...."and beta Big sur still works with Nvidia and my sonnet egpu".....  Apple's new beta actually working with Nvidia Video Cards????

Hallelujah if so, LOL.

ReplyQuote
Techen
(@techen)

Posted by: @jasper_happensprat

Did my eyes just deceive me or did Techen actually write  ...."and beta Big sur still works with Nvidia and my sonnet egpu".....  Apple's new beta actually working with Nvidia Video Cards????

Hallelujah if so, LOL.

Will burst your bubble but am sure this thread is under bootcamp so what I meant was I updated to big sur and with the firmware updates that come with that nvidia still works plug and play in bootcamp if that makes more sense. It won’t boot into windows or Mac while the egpu is connected only when windows is loaded can I use it.

ReplyQuote
Jasper Happensprat
(@jasper_happensprat)

@techen, Yes Techen, of course we all understand what you meant to say but my old eyes lit up like a christmas tree when I read what you wrote, LOL. Thanks for the clarification though. Maybe one day!

ReplyQuote
 of  15