Trouble with Aorus RTX 3080 Gaming Box in BootCamp on MacBook 16"

Notifications
Clear all

Trouble with Aorus RTX 3080 Gaming Box in BootCamp on MacBook 16"  

RSS

Androol25
(@androol25)

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a Aorus Gigabyte  RTX3080   Gaming Box  and initially, I plugged it in and it worked great. I did a noob move and accidentally disabled the onboard graphics, then the egpu randomly stopped working (however the computer still charged and the usb plugins into the box still worked). I decided to do a fresh Windows install (Newest version from November 2020) so I could navigate and see why it wasn't working. Since the reinstall my computer hasn't been able to detect the Nvidia card and won't let me install any  Nvidia drivers  although my computer charges and all the usb devices work when I plug in my  thunderbolt cable  to the box. I'm kind of at a loss here, at this point the only display adapters showing up is the "microsoft basic display adapter" which I assume is my discrete GPU. There is a "PCI device" under "other devices" that has a yellow exclamation point on it which COULD be my graphics card.. however it's not detected by either the most recent  Nvidia driver  or the most recent Nvidia Experience software.. 

Does anyone have any ideas or has anyone run into this before? One of the reasons I don't think it's a hardware malfunction is that I also have a portable SSD that I plug in via  thunderbolt cable  and it doesn't show up when plugged in either for some reason.

Thanks in advance!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote