Troubles with gaming on eGPU Razer Core X + 5700 XT + Macbook Pro 15" 2019 + 560...

Notifications
Clear all

Troubles with gaming on eGPU Razer Core X + 5700 XT + Macbook Pro 15" 2019 + 560X  

RSS

Jibé Bucherre
(@jibe_bucherre)

Hi all,
First, I want to thanks everyone on this forum and website. Reading threads help to find a lot of possible solutions.
I've got interrogations about my egpu setup.
Please let met explain.

HARDWARE :

15" MBP 2019 with i9 2.3Ghz, 16 Go of RAM, 512 Gb SSD and 560X Radeon Pro
MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3

MY SETUP :

On MacOS : plug and play. Fortnite works very well!

Windows 10 Pro build  v18362.30
Partition Bootcamp on my SSD + games on external T3 SSD
After installation of Bootcamp drivers, I blocked updates for Windows.
DDU on safe Mode and then installation of official drivers from AMD website (WHQL) from Devices Manager,a fter booting on EFI solution (T2 chip)
All looks great. No error 12. Only an error 43 after removing dGPU. Fixed with a simple reboot.

I want to use this configuration for gaming.

So I tested Deus Ex Manking Divided
Unreal Tournament
Rocket League
All work !
Battlefront 2 need to disable the Basic Video Adaptator for launch and work.

However, I got some troubles with some new games like Apex / Fortnite / Warzone.

About Fortnite, sometimes I can launch the game, but after arrived on the hub, the game crashs and go back on Windows...

Aepx and Warzone, that quite bit different. After introduction animations, when the menu is loaded with 3D character / avatar, the fans of my 5700XT loaded fast during 10 seconds and stopped. Black screen and return to windows with message about error. 

I don't know if someone already have this kind of issue ? It looks like a conflit between the drivers and the eGPU enclosure.

Please notice : with the dGPU, games work well. When I launch them on external display connected to the eGPU : crashes...
I try the 5700XT GPU on a 2010 Mac Pro, Bootcamp from El Capitan… and I'd got this issues too...

If you have some ideas, I take them with enthousiasm Smile

Sorry for my poor english, I didn't write this language since few years now :/

Thanks for your answers.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
Jibé Bucherre
(@jibe_bucherre)

Hi all,

After looking on internet, I tried to change clock GPU in AMD Control Panel. 
Checking in each games which didn't launch properly, slow down the clock around 10 percent fix crashes.

Hope this will help someone, one day.

Thanks.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@jibe_bucherre, Does your XFX RX 5700 XT have a vBIOS switch? If it does, switching it to a normal mode may do the trick too.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 6700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote