Windows 10 Spring Update 1803 and Bootcamp eGPU for Macs - new internal LCD acce...

Notifications
Clear all

Windows 10 Spring Update 1803 and Bootcamp eGPU for Macs - new internal LCD acceleration feature  

of  6
  RSS

Joao gabriel cortez marcelino
(@joao_gabriel_cortez_marcelino)

im planing to buy an gdc beast ngff and an rx 570 4gb with a 500w power suply.

how can i make the amd gpu use the internal lcd of my notebook?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Silas Döring
(@silas_doring)

@joao_gabriel_cortez_marcelino, if this is not working automaticly you can use the Radeon Software to switch. You can switch even with Windows Feature "Graphic Settings".
But i need to say that using an egpu with internal Display dosent make much sense because the Data Transfer Rate from TB3. 

This post was modified 1 month ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Jacky Satio
(@jacky_satio)

Helo guys,

Im new to eGPU world, and just setup my first eGPU laptop. My laptop is asus G75vx and my egpu is rx580 8GB red devil and connected with beast exp gdc with hdmi. When doing the installation everything was good, my laptop detected the egpu rx580, and I installed the latest amd software and driver. So in device manager my laptop have detected the rx580 in the display driver. But in the display driver there is also my laptop GTX670MX GPU. So I tried to run my steam game such as Rust. But there is no performance boost, my laptop is still using its own GTX670MX and the RX580 is just sitting idle. So I tried to disable the GTX670MX in the display driver and restart the laptop. But there is no difference, the rx580 is just idle. Then I tried using windows graphic setting, since amd sofware now can't use the switchable graphic option, And switch the Steam game Rust to use the rx580. But still when I start the game, Its not using the RX580 at all.

What should I do? did I miss anything? should I do clean uninstall the nvidia graphic driver first?

Thank you

ReplyQuote
Jacky Satio
(@jacky_satio)

Helo guys,

Im new to eGPU world, and just setup my first eGPU laptop. My laptop is asus G75vx and my egpu is  rx580  8GB red devil and connected with beast  exp gdc  with hdmi. When doing the installation everything was good, my laptop detected the egpu  rx580 , and I installed the latest amd software and driver. So in device manager my laptop have detected the  rx580  in the display driver. But in the display driver there is also my laptop GTX670MX GPU. So I tried to run my steam game such as Rust. But there is no performance boost, my laptop is still using its own GTX670MX and the  RX580  is just sitting idle. So I tried to disable the GTX670MX in the display driver and restart the laptop. But there is no difference, the  rx580  is just idle. Then I tried using windows graphic setting, since amd sofware now can't use the switchable graphic option, And switch the Steam game Rust to use the  rx580 . But still when I start the game, Its not using the  RX580  at all.

Then I tried to DDU all of the gpu ( nvidia 670mx and the amd rx580) and then install only the amd rx580 driver, but it still didnt work.

What should I do? did I miss anything? or I have to use external monitor instead of internal monitor?

Thank you

ReplyQuote
 of  6