Windows 10 Spring Update 1803 and Bootcamp eGPU for Macs - new internal LCD acce...

Notifications
Clear all

Windows 10 Spring Update 1803 and Bootcamp eGPU for Macs - new internal LCD acceleration feature  

of  7
  RSS

Ponciano Veronez Jr.
(@ponciano_veronez_jr_)

@nando4

hello boss! I looked at the tutorial, and tried to do it, but my win 10 doesn't give me the options shown.
I'm at work now, as soon as I get home I post the photos for you to see.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm noob.
please be a little patient with me.

PS * sorry for the typos, my primary language is not imgles, I use the translator.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Ponciano Veronez Jr.
(@ponciano_veronez_jr_)

@nando4,

good evening.

sorry for the delay, I had problems with the internet operator.

as I said, my settings do not appear the options posted here in this topic.

follows photo of the options contained in my computer.
If you can tell me which options to disable, I will be very grateful.

PS * everything worked perfectly with an external monitor, but unfortunately I don't have much space, so the notebook was on the floor.

gerenciador

https://ibb.co/Qf0hNJW

This post was modified 1 month ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
ilchamsyah khalid
(@ilchamsyah_khalid)

@joao_gabriel_cortez_marcelino, not!!! gpu nvidia can use internal display laptop. you can just switch the gpu using the DDU uninstaller ... it works on my laptop acer ryzen 3 2200u with egpu msi nvidia gtx 1650

Posted by: @gustavohm211

i have a samsung expert x30:

i5 8265u

8gb ram

intel uhd 620

1 TB

I intend to use a gtx 1060 6gb on egpu, will i need to use an external monitor?

no .. you can use your laptop's internal display..vidia card GPU can use a different internal laptop display with AMD

Posted by: @jacky_satio

Helo guys,

Im new to eGPU world, and just setup my first eGPU laptop. My laptop is asus G75vx and my egpu is rx580 8GB red devil and connected with beast exp gdc with hdmi. When doing the installation everything was good, my laptop detected the egpu rx580, and I installed the latest amd software and driver. So in device manager my laptop have detected the rx580 in the display driver. But in the display driver there is also my laptop GTX670MX GPU. So I tried to run my steam game such as Rust. But there is no performance boost, my laptop is still using its own GTX670MX and the RX580 is just sitting idle. So I tried to disable the GTX670MX in the display driver and restart the laptop. But there is no difference, the rx580 is just idle. Then I tried using windows graphic setting, since amd sofware now can't use the switchable graphic option, And switch the Steam game Rust to use the rx580. But still when I start the game, Its not using the RX580 at all.

What should I do? did I miss anything? should I do clean uninstall the nvidia graphic driver first?

Thank you

yes you have to delete your laptop nvidia vga using the DDU uninstaller application

Posted by: @junaid_nur
help1

Hi  guys,

I was able to install the RTX 2070 super using the ADT link R3G egpu dock

Windows shows that the video card installed correctly but I am unable to have the RTX card be the main one running. I have even disabled the integrated INTEL and as well the GTX 1650 but still not succeeding. I have attached a few photos .

Really appreciate the help. TC 

You don't disable the Intel graphics card ... you just need to use the DDU UNINSTALLER application to delete the VGA that comes with your laptop ...

Posted by: @rafael_jacome

Hello guys, I have a question about Egpu. i bought an epra egpu adapter and a gtx 550ti. I wonder if when I install the video card, the notebook monitor recognizes the gpu or if I will need an external monitor. I saw that on the notebook monitor performance drops, but I still want to use the notebook monitor. I have an i3 6100u and 12 gb ram, with no dedicated graphics card. I play my games only with intel HD graphics 520. please provide me with this information.

You can use your laptop monitor display as long as the external graphics card you are using is NVIDIA

Posted by: @ponciano_veronez_jr_

Hello people good night.

i have a 3550 vostro and i am using an gdc exp with expresscard and an evga gtx 950.

the gpu appears in the device manager, but I cannot use it in any game, and when I try to open the nvidia control panel, it says that I am not connected to an nvidea gpu.

I see that several people are trying this same problem?
Will any win10 update that is crashing?

You have to remove the VGA that comes with your laptop before connecting it to the NVIDIA egpu

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
Ponciano Veronez Jr.
(@ponciano_veronez_jr_)

@ilchamsyah_khalid

good night master.

if I understand correctly, should I uninstall all video cards with the DDU and then install only the correct egpu card?

Could you please put a step by step here, I'm afraid of doing it wrong.

ReplyQuote
ilchamsyah khalid
(@ilchamsyah_khalid)

Posted by: @ponciano_veronez_jr_

@ilchamsyah_khalid

good night master.

if I understand correctly, should I uninstall all video cards with the DDU and then install only the correct egpu card?

Could you please put a step by step here, I'm afraid of doing it wrong.

sorry for late response .. may I know the specs of your laptop and the egpu you are using ??

ReplyQuote
Ponciano Veronez Jr.
(@ponciano_veronez_jr_)

@ilchamsyah_khalid

good afternoon

I have a 3550 vostro and use the exp gdc with an evga gtx 950 video card.
I was able to put it to work on the external monitor without problems, using the DIY eGPU Setup 1.35 program.
I would love to put it to work with the monitor of the notebook itself.

ReplyQuote
frenchbulldog
(@frenchbulldog)

Hi guys, running into some challenges trying to accelerate my internal display on my iMac13,2 with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX dGPU and Radeon RX Vega 56 eGPU. My iMac recognizes the eGPU as a device but does not assign it to the "high performance" graphics slot, unlike what my MacBook Pro with GT750M dGPU does.

https://egpu.io/forums/bootcamp/help-vega56-recognized-in-device-manager-but-cant-be-assigned-via-graphics-options-imac-132/#post-85455

📈 EGPU -- Razer Core X, MSI Radeon RX Vega 56, TB3 to TB1/2 Adapter // 💻 Computer 1 -- MacBookPro11,3 @ 10.15.4, 2.8ghz i7 4980HQ, 16gb ram, Iris Pro iGPU, GT750M 2gb dGPU, works in OSX & BootCamp! // 🖥 Computer 2 -- iMac13,2 @ 10.15.5, 3.4ghz i7 3770, 16gb ram, GTX675MX 1gb dGPU, works in OSX only 🙁

ReplyQuote
 of  7