2008 15" Sony Vaio VGN-NW270F + [email protected] (EXP GDC v8.4) + Win10 // Nicehash crypto mining system  

RSS

proxlamus
(@proxlamus)
March 26, 2018 8:24 pm  

System specs  (model inc screen size, CPU, iGPU, dGPU, operating system)

• 15.5" screen
  • CPU Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 / 2.2 GHz
  • Intel GMA 4500MHD iGpu
  • ExpressCard/34
  • Windows 10

eGPU hardware  
    - 
Zotac GTX 1050 Ti mini (single fan)
    - 
EXP GDC Beast v8.4 Expresscard /34 version purchased on Amazon

- Enclosure is a 3D printed design found on Thingiverse and had to modify with a dremel to fit the GDC beast

- Dell DA-2 power supply bought on eBay for $16 shipped

Hardware pictures 

Installation steps (what did you do to get it all going?)

- This took some time, but I installed the Nvidia 1050 ti and was first given a Code 12 error, explaining that I dont have enough resources to resolve the issue. I followed this guide ( https://egpu.io/forums/pc-setup/fix-dsdt-override-to-correct-error-12/) and used the Microsoft method (Not the intel method) to create the DSDT Modified file.  I had difficulties getting it to load, so I went ahead and purchased the DIY eGPU Setup 1.35 software.  I then used the "in memory DSDT override function using the DIY eGpu setup 1.35" which worked like a charm.  When the computer boots up it gives me 2 options.. Windows 10 or DIY eGpu 1.35 setup.   Click on that and use the "startup.bat" and it has a fast reboot and I run Windows 10 as normal. 

The next issue is I got a Code 43 error.  I was able to fix this by following the directions in this link exactly ( https://egpu.io/forums/expresscard-mpcie-m-2-adapters/FIXED-Nvidia-GTX1050Ti-error-43-on-mPCIe-or-M2-non-hotplug-eGPU-interfaces-applicable-to-GTX10xx/)

Benchmarks 

No benchmarks yet, as I am using this for crypto mining only while I'm at work.   I can do a benchmark on request.

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

nando4 liked
ReplyQuote