2011 14" Acer Aspire 4752G GT610M + [email protected] (EXP GDC 8.x) + Win7 [Jkeychen Liew]  

RSS

jkey
(@luxjar01)
January 6, 2018 4:19 pm  

Hey everyone,

System specs / Acer Aspire 4752G, 14 inch 1366*768, intel HD3000 iGPU, dGPU G610M, i5-2450M, win 7 Home Premium 64-bit Sp1

eGPU hardware / EXP GDC V8 by Beast with mini-PCIE, GTX 1070 Mini by Zotac, Bequiet 600w ATX PSU

Hardware pictures / **photo available in a link to imgur

Installation steps /

1-locate my mpcie slot by removing the back of my laptop where the HDD, Ram and Wifi card located (Since I can't provide any picture you guys can always go to youtube and search for acer aspire 4752g disassembly.

2-boot into bios (press f2 before windows logo), go and "disable" network boot &  change graphic mode to "integrated" and then quit and save and boot to windows (by doint this you're going to disable dGPU on your laptop)

3-boot into windows and uninstall old dGPU driver which on this system using nvidia geforce 610M by using DDU uninstaller - link here (how to:  )

4-buy the DIY egpu setup 1.35 from [email protected] (you really gonna need this because in this system the wifi come with the whitelist and it's really hard to make the mPcie detect your egpu without this software) egpu setup 1.35 download and install with the guide provided.

5-download all the necessary files and software needed:

• nvidia drivers 368.xx & 381.xx (download both) corresponded to your laptop operating system
  • go to this and look for "How to perform a DSDT override" section and reveal the contents and download all the necessary files for dsdt override and perform the dsdt override from the link (thanks to angerthosenear)

6-from "my computer" go to system properties > device manager > network adapters > find your wifi card (mine is atheros wifi) right click and click uninstall device > tick "delete the driver software for this device" and after that shut down your notebook.

7-now turn and open the back of your notebook and unplug the cable attach to your wifi adapter. (do not remove the wifi adapter yet!!!)

**before going to the next step, take a look into your EXP GDC v8 and turn on the power tu permanent "ON" as shown here and you will need a tiny and object to switch it on. (this is required on this systems, more about it here)

8-setup your egpu; mine is EXP GDC v8  connect it with your card and psu; on my setup, I use ATX psu plug in the 24 pin connector from psu to 20 pin EXP GDC v8 power cable provided and connect 4 pin cpu from my psu to the 4 pin power cable on my EXP GDC and plug the 8 pin connector on the 8 pin female on EXP GDC. mount the card and if your card require 6 pin cable, you need to plug in the 6 pin cable from psu to your card.

**In the next step you're going to make your mpcie detected even the wifi card no longer attach (overcome the wifi whitelist) I only test it on my notebook and you're welcome to try out this method if your system have a whitelist

9-Now turn on your notebook and you will see windows boot manager. there is "windows 7" (OS) and "DIY egpu setup 1.35" as selection. Select the "DIY egpu setup 1.35" and select the the option to "DIY egpu setup 1.35-menu based" and press enter. let it load everything until you see "DIY egpu setup 1.35 menu". Now on the right side you will see a port detection something like this:

• p1 @ x1.1 
  • p2 @ x1.1 Atheros (this is the mpcie port containing your wifi adapter)
  • and other is broadcom and etc

On the menu you will see:

• 1- configure
    • PCIe ports >
    • Video cards >
    • PCi Compaction >
  • 2-Config&Run
    • Chainloader >
    • startup.bat >

10-Now go and select PCIe ports > and select "! Save ports" choose the port that have wifi card detected (as for me it was [email protected] x1.1 Atheros) and press enter, wait until the process is done then press enter again to go back to the menu. Now turn off your notebook by pressing the power button on your notebook. Now unscrew and take out the wifi adapter and after that turn on your notebook and boot into DIY egpu setup 1.35 menu again. This is where the magic happen. Now that you're in the menu based DIY egpu setup 1.35, turn on your psu to power up the EXP GDC and attach the mpcie connector to your mpcie slot on the back of your notebook with the screw to hold the mpcie nicely (just be careful and not to accidentally press any button). now on the menu; select PCIe ports > and go to Enable Ports > select the p2 port (or the last port where the wifi adapter was detected). Once enabled, your will see a port without any device attach on it. Now on the PCIe ports menu; go to "restore port2" and press enter, wait until the process finish with a "successful" word then press the enter button again. And now you can press the F5 button to scan egpu or your egpu will get detected as soon as your restore the port2 succesfully. you will see something like this:

p2 @ x1.1 Nvidia (this mean your egpu is detected!!!)

11-And at this point you gonna follow this guide to chainload egpu into windows. here is the link from youtube. just follow the step in the video and chainload to mbr and select windows 7 (mine was windows 7, just select your operating system) 

if your dsdt was successful, your will see the GTX 1070 (or your egpu card) detected and shown in the display adapter section in device manager. Now time to install nvidia drivers.

installing the nvidia driver is as follow;

***THE SPECIAL RUSSIAN METHOD TO INSTALL THE DRIVERS***

[Without this method you are not able to install the latest drivers! Without this method you are only able to install 372.70]

1. locate your download directory for the nvidia drivers 368.xx & 381.xx downloaded early.

2. Install 368.xx , select "custom installation" and tick only graphics drivers & physx and install (no clean install). After finish installation DO NOT REBOOT your system. 

4. Open your registry editor, proceed to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and delete nvidia_rebootneeded. (thanks Cacada for this additional step)

5. Start installing 381.xx (not clean install!).

EDITED for acer aspire 4752g system

6. Reboot your system and unplug the hdmi cable to EXP GDC V8 right before your notebook boot. enter the DIY egpu setup 1.35 and repeat the step no. 10 & 11 (enable ports & restore port2 until you chainload to mbr with windows 7-don't forget to set the PCi compaction to 36 bit again!!!) after install procedure will be done and there will be no error 43, and videocard will work perfectly with 382.53 driver (of course you still can’t update to a newer drivers). 

Now open device manager to ensure everything works and see if the egpu detected. Open nvidia control panel > go to manage 3d settings > select High performance nvidia graphic card and apply. In nvidia control panel, go to PhySx tab > select dedicate to GTX 1070 (your egpu card)

Now everything is done and you can game on your laptop

ALERT- I'm having an issues whenever I try to open google chrome but it works just fine with internet explore browser.

Benchmarks / haven't done any benchmark yet and just tested 1 game which is Tomb Raider 2013 running at internal display with 1366*768 resolution and setting is HIGH because my cpu is not strong enough for the Gtx 1070 (this is for the initial setup only) I will use GTX 750 ti  card as my main egpu setup because it doesn't require more power and also quite cheap now. With 15-2450m cpu and 1366*768 resolution, gtx 750 ti would be suffice to me.

here is some photo:

• Nvidia control panel
  • Tomb Raider 2013 benchmark with high preset setting using internal monitor 1366*768 here
  • Error 12 (DSDT override required) here
  • Plug in your egpu with power on and boot the notebook will lead to this crash (fix by turning on laptop without the egpu powered on)

Comments / of course egpu improves a lot performance in gaming on my system. before this i can't even play AAA title game on my geforce 610m notebook. Overall it's worth the upgrade. Now I can play most of the new title game on my notebook even at my office. 🙂

Credits- nando4 and all the egpu.io & techinferno threads that provide me the guide to upgrade my notebook 🙂

regards!

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
T0rino1564
(@torino1564)
Eminent Member
January 6, 2018 8:07 pm  

What a nice and detailed guide!! Hope it helps other people with the same laptop. Do you think the whitelist removal will work for another laptops or just for that model??

Cheers

Thats lucky

ReplyQuote
 jkey
(@luxjar01)
January 6, 2018 11:44 pm  
Posted by: T0rino1564

What a nice and detailed guide!! Hope it helps other people with the same laptop. Do you think the whitelist removal will work for another laptops or just for that model??

Cheers

Hey, 

this guide is meant to be use on the notebook model mentioned and I didn’t know if the whitelist removal will work on other system. Also, I don’t have any extra notebook to test with. Haha. In my opinion, the whitelist removal/overcome should work on other system just make sure you follow the guide and never save a port with the egpu detected but use the wifi card/adapter to overcome the whitelist because some notebook manufacture only allow certified wifi card to work through the mpcie. 

For me it works without any flaw because before I done the whitelist overcome, I have to (everytime) hotswap my wifi adapter with exp gdc mpcie connector right after I enter setup 1.35 to make the egpu detected on the mpcie port. 

I’m gonna edit my post regarding the whitelist overcome.

Regards and good luck trying my method 😊

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
hamaboi789
(@hamaboi789)
August 2, 2018 1:54 pm  

Hello, I've tried for the Acer Aspire 4752 Laptop but it didn't work to delete the whitelist , anyone here help me ?

ReplyQuote