2011 17" Dell Vostro 3750 GT525M + [email protected] (EXP GDC 8.4D) + Win7 [alex-chu]^
Dell Vostro 3750 (i7-2760QM, 8GB of RAM, GT 525M). The graphics card was connected via ExpressCard 2.0, version EXP DGC V8.4D. To activate the 1070 GTX, I had to disconnect the bridge to the GT 525 M
I did not do any other manipulations. The new driver installed according to the following scheme.
Driver installation for video cards: GTX 1060 (6GB), GTX 1070, GTX 1080.
1. Download the drivers for your OS: 368.81 and the latest (fresh) from the submitted at the time of download.
2. We find on the Internet and download the utility DDU - Display Driver Uninstaller.
3. Run DDU with administrative rights (right-click on the executable file and select "Run as administrator" in the context menu).
4. After verifying that the Nvidia video driver is selected in the right part of the DDU window, click on "DELETE AND RESTART". As a result, the driver and all information about it will be deleted from the system, the automatic updating of the Windows video driver will be blocked and then the system will reboot. If the reboot does not happen, then you need to do it manually.
5. After the restart, install the driver 368.81 (it is recommended to do "Custom installation" and install only the graphics driver and the PhysX driver, without extra software, selecting the appropriate checkboxes) and DO NOT RE-LOAD!
6. Open the registry editor (press win + R, enter regedit and press enter), go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE, find the nvidia_rebootneeded key and delete it.
7. Run the installation of the most recent driver, without checking the "Run a clean installation" field, and also making "Custom installation" and putting only the driver and driver PhysX, without unnecessary software.
8. Restart and use the successfully installed video card.
The laptop does not start if you just reboot from Windows 7, you must turn off "Shutdown" completely, then turn it back on if necessary.
@alex-chu first you need to check(test) do you have all the features present(like dx9,dx10,dx11,ansel,compute) when you install the "latest driver" over 368.81 one before you do any implementations otherwise you just misleading other users here with 1060 6GB and UP to do it the same way and then wonder why it's not working.
ASUS A53SV: i7-2860QM, 16GB DDR3 running WINDOWS 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016
SSD: SAMSUNG 850 PRO(256GB)+SAMSUNG 850 EVO(120GB)
eGPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW+ PE4C V3.0(mPCIe)+EVGA 650 G3 PSU (internal display ONLY)