2011 14" Acer 4752G (GT610M) [2nd,2C,M] + GTX 750 Ti @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (PCE164P-N03...

Notifications
Clear all

2011 14" Acer 4752G (GT610M) [2nd,2C,M] + GTX 750 Ti @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (PCE164P-N03) + Win10 [Jkeychen Liew]  

of  3
  RSS

kynwrg
(@kynwrg)

@jkeychen, I might try to switch to a riser. But did you convert the 6 pin to a DC jack? How do you do that? 

I have Acer 4752 so we have the same motherboard. I have been using my setup with 2 GB ram on an exp GDC. And since I learned I could change the CPU I noticed my CPU was stolen, sad face. 

Also, if I have an MBR boot, can I use grub to enable hotplug? Or is it specific for UEFI boot only. 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Jkeychen Liew
(@jkeychen)
Eminent Member

@kynwrg

I bought a riser with dc 12v connection. Regarding the grub you can try make one on a usb then try to boot from usb with your current setup to see if it might work. If it works, then you will get plenty access to your bios setting like enabling hotplug and changing the TOLUD setting too. 

2015 15" Dell Latitude E5570 (R7 M370M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-M.2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 // custom enclosure [build link]  

ReplyQuote
kynwrg
(@kynwrg)

@jkeychen, oh I see.. I have tried to find them, I haven't found one.. where did you buy it, do you have a link? From nando's page it was called pce164pn03 mini.. but I tried googling to no avail..

I have a DC adapter I used for GDC. But yeah 6 pin and molex is kinda new to me..

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
 of  3