2011 15" ASUS N53SN (GT550M) [2nd,4C,Q] + R9 390X @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (PE4C 3.0) + Wi...

Notifications
Clear all

2011 15" ASUS N53SN (GT550M) [2nd,4C,Q] + R9 390X @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (PE4C 3.0) + Win10 [Doink]  

of  2
  RSS

Zharfan Hazman
(@zharfan_hazman)

Hi there! Is your eGPU got detected before changing your TOLUD value? Mine doesnt. Should i change my TOLUD value in order to make my eGPU detected? Please help me! 

This post was modified 1 year ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
elpatu2000
(@elpatu2000)

@pabloz

Hello! I am from Argentina. I modified my BIOS, disable igpu and dgpu. All as indicated. But when Windows 10 starts, it stays frozen in the first window with the little points turning. I don't know what else to do to make it work!

Asus n53sv with geforce gtx1060 (msi).

Help!!!!!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Pabloz
(@pabloz)

@elpatu2000

I don't use GDC Beast v8 anymore, but i remember it was bit unstable at very begining.

Unlock Intel gfx card in bios, turn off the computer and disconnect mpcie cable from gdc beast. Next try to uninstall nvidia drivers, and maybe intel graphic driver too. Check in Task Manager what programs starts in Startup. If there's anything like hardware monitoring software - disable it. Disable intel gfx in bios and connect back your gdc adapter.

Don't try to install new nvidia driver - use 359.06 or similar old driver for desktop gfx. You can upgrade to newer driver later, but I've never used 4xx.xx series drivers with this setup.

ReplyQuote
elpatu2000
(@elpatu2000)

@pabloz

No funciona.

Continúa haciendo lo mismo. Seguí todos los pasos que dijiste, pero al llegar a la primera pantalla de carga (logo celeste y unos puntitos dando vueltas), Windows 10 se congela. Logro que de la tarjeta de video llegue imagen al monitor externo, pero se congela.

Alguna otra idea??

Crees que si uso el setup 1,3xx de nando, me funcionara??

ReplyQuote
Pabloz
(@pabloz)

@elpatu2000

It's hard to predict what will work. There could be many reasons fore this fault. Try DDU program
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

It will remove graphic driver in safe mode (google for instructions how to start safe mode in win 10). As I mentioned  in previous post - turn on intel gfx in bios and unplug GDC adapter first. After uninstalling graphic drivers with DDU turn off intel gfx, connect adapter with your gtx 1060 and check if that work.

If not probably egpu setup 1.35 is your only way to make it work with your card.

ReplyQuote
Simon Lim Peng Hui
(@simon_lim_peng_hui)

Greetings all! How are you? I hope you guys are doing fine in this covid19 situation here. I am new here,

I have a N55SF

Core i5-2410M
GT 555M 
8GB DDR3 Ram 

HHDD 1TB

All right, I use this laptop mainly for surfing web, playing pubg mobile emulator (Game Loop), watching movies. I bought this first hand 2011 year end. Recently, I been thinking to upgrade my laptop just a little bit, so that I can do gaming better than now. did some research and found out that https://egpu.io/forums/builds/2011-asus-n53sn-r9-390x4gbps-mpcie2-pe4c-v3-0-win10-doink/

a member that did it successfully although i know n55sf is in the blacklist of the compatible device with EXP GDC 8. 

and n53 is kind of family of n55, and another guy at here https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/articles/promoted-posts_8_8_8/guides/15-asus-n53sn-r9_390x4gbps-mpcie2-exp-gdc-beast-win10-doink-r4/

did mentioned that he succesfully build n55sf with eGPU, and i also cant find anyone here built a n55sf with the eGPU. 

okay. my question is, should i go for it? I am not a very advanced user, but I think by following the guide provided by brother Doink and the wisher, I should be able to follow. 

Looking forward maybe to play pubg mobile emulator in 1080P high settings? oh and, I would prefer to use my internal laptop screen if possible, this is a 1600x900 resolution 15.6".  can someone give me some advice? Thanks! 

and I actually also wish to upgrade the cpu to, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2760QM, from i5-2410M, but my main concern is the eGPU first. hehe. thanks all!

ReplyQuote
Samim Zalmay
(@samim_zalmay)

Hi guys. 

I have the N53sm. I managed to make it work. But it Works only on external display. 

I would like to use internal display since i dont have a monitor nor the room for it. Windows just wont let me choose to use gtx 970 in anyway. Its locked. Also speed is locked at 135mhz. 

Tried different Windows versions and drivers nothing helps. 

What Windows version and drivers did you guys use back then to make it work on internal display? Can anyone help me with my problem? 

ReplyQuote
 of  2