- Intel Core i5-3320M processor (dual-core, 2.60GHz, 3MB Cache)
- internal GPU - Intel HD Graphics 4000
- 16 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM
- 12.5“ inch display (1366 x 768)
- 320 GB HDD
- Windows 10 Pro
- Internal Monitor
- eGPU adapter - EXP GDC Beast v 8.5c with Express Card
- GPU : NITRO+ RX 570 8G G5 - Sapphire
- PSU : Corsair CX Series 650 Watt 80 Plus
- Update Newest Lenovo BIOS (2.75) with lonovo update
- download newest RX570 driver. Currently i use : Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.1 (download it and do not install it before gpu detected)
- make sure x230 is turned of and then connect cabling as follow:
- set PSU on
- turn x230 on
- check device manager to see if gpu detected
- install RX570 from file in step number 2
Playing with internal monitor :
- open display setting >> open graphic setting
- select classic app >> Browse your game application >> Add
- click option >> set as high performance >> save
Hiccup and Error
During connecting cabling installation i encounter that my exp gdc, and my gpu is not powered, apparently that is due to cabling loose and misplaced. this is due to i buy second hand EXP GDC. As you see in this picture cable in 20 pin should placed in 4th column but mine somehow is placed in 5th column.
i spent 2 days checking to make sure that my PSU, GPU and Expresscard is working fine just to find that the error is in power cable pin. 😛
once i place the cable in correct column, they are just plug and play business.
during installation i do not encounter any error other than misplaced pin on power cable. no error 12. working with internal monitor for ultra setting is fine, working with 16gb RAM is fine as well.
Hey man, thank you very much for making this build!
I intend to do a similar one. How is the RX 570 performing? Like you I also want to use the internal display so I'm afraid that it wont be good enough. How is it doing it for you?