2011 15" Samsung NP300E5A (GT520M) [2nd,2C,M] + GTX 770 @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (EXP GDC 8.4) + Win7 [NP300E5A]
I decided to purchase an EXP GDC to have my brother's GTX 770 on my laptop for 3 reasons:
- to try it
- to save money as I don't play a lot
- the most important: to create a nomad setting
- 2012 15" Samsung NP300E5A (Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 8Go Ram, Windows 7 Pro on a SSD)
- EXP GDC V 8.4D mPCIe
- Nvidia GTX 770
- A second hand 300W power supply with two adaptors Molex->8pin (the GPU was given at 220W)
- An air extractor
- A dock made out of a copper slab that I had with a blower under
The first time I plugged it, my PC didn't want to start, I was stuck on the Windows flag... But I could plug it in sleep mode. When I plugged it in sleep mode I had Code 12 in device manger so I tried to solve it with a DSDT override ( [GUIDE] DSDT override eGPU error 12 fix - my DSDT has been added into the DSDT repository). After a successful DSDT override I still had Code 12. Then I noticed that my PC could start with the eGPU plugged in when the iGPU was disabled in device manager, but it created a Code 14.
The solution was the following :
- Start the computer with the eGPU unplugged -> start DIY eGPU Setup 1.35 -> sel -> menu-based
- HOTPLUG THE EXP GDC
- Press F5
- Disable the dGPU
- Select PCI compaction->Endpoint=56.25GB (36-bit) (only possible if a DSDT override has been done)
- Select PCI compaction->Run compact. When prompted for the scope select eGPU, force 32-bit=none
- Select startup.bat->Test Run.
- Select Chainloader->Test Run
- At Windows boot menu, select Windows.
Then the eGPU was just working properly. After plugging an external screen to the eGPU and setting the internal screen as principal in display parameters I could even play on the internal screen!
I hope my topic will help the other owners of Samsung 300E4A/300E5A/300E7A/3430EA/3530EA (same mainboard) to get an EXP GDC working on their computer it took me about 3 days to manage to get it working.
To finish I would like to thank warmly this wonderful forum which enabled me to do this.
I would like to post pictures of the setting but I don't know how.