2011 15" Samsung NP300E5A GT520M + [email protected] (EXP GDC 8.4D) + Win7 [NP300E5A]^  

RSS

NP300E5A
(@np300e5a)
November 12, 2017 9:27 pm  

I decided to purchase an EXP GDC to have my brother's GTX 770 on my laptop for 3 reasons:

• to try it
  • to save money as I don't play a lot
  • the most important: to create a nomad setting

Hardware

• 2012 15" Samsung NP300E5A (Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 8Go Ram, Windows 7 Pro on a SSD)
  • EXP GDC V 8.4D mPCIe
  • Nvidia GTX 770
  • A second hand 300W power supply with two adaptors Molex->8pin (the GPU was given at 220W)
  • An air extractor
  • A dock made out of a copper slab that I had with a blower under

Configuration Steps

The first time I plugged it, my PC didn't want to start, I was stuck on the Windows flag... But I could plug it in sleep mode. When I plugged it in sleep mode I had Code 12 in device manger so I tried to solve it with a DSDT override ( [GUIDE] DSDT override eGPU error 12 fix - my DSDT has been added into the DSDT repository).  After a successful DSDT override I still had Code 12. Then I noticed that my PC could start with the eGPU plugged in when the iGPU was disabled in device manager, but it created a Code 14.

So I tried a lot of things during very long hours with no success. So I decided to purchase DIY eGPU Setup 1.35. And it solved my problem (with the precious help of nando4)!

The solution was the following :

• Start the computer with the eGPU unplugged -> start DIY eGPU Setup 1.35 -> sel -> menu-based
  • HOTPLUG THE EXP GDC
  • Press F5
  • Disable the dGPU
  • Select PCI compaction->Endpoint=56.25GB (36-bit) (only possible if a DSDT override has been done)
  • Select PCI compaction->Run compact. When prompted for the scope select eGPU, force 32-bit=none
  • Select startup.bat->Test Run.
  • Select Chainloader->Test Run
  • At Windows boot menu, select Windows.

Then the eGPU was just working properly. After plugging an external screen to the eGPU and setting the internal screen as principal in display parameters I could even play on the internal screen!

I hope my topic will help the other owners of Samsung 300E4A/300E5A/300E7A/3430EA/3530EA (same mainboard) to get an EXP GDC working on their computer it took me about 3 days to manage to get it working.

To finish I would like to thank warmly this wonderful forum which enabled me to do this.

Pictures

I would like to post pictures of the setting but I don't know how.

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
(@ansel_gabbard)
December 1, 2017 4:40 pm  

Your setup and DSDT worked great, did you have a problem with the pci compact resetting after turning off the machine. 

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote