2011 17" HP EliteBook 8760W (Q K3000M) [2nd,4C,M] + GTX 750 Ti @ 4Gbps-EC2 (EXP GDC 8.4) + Win10 [Hunter4uRO]
Hy eGPU forums, I made an implementation pretty much easy (form me).
HP EliteBook 8760w laptop:
- Intel i7 2820QM;
- Nvidia Qudro 3000M;
- 24 GB RAM (2*8BG + 2*4GB);
- SSD ADATA 512GB;
- 1TB HDD,
- Nvidia GTX 750 Ti - Gigabyte;
- EXP GDC 8.4d with express-card;
- Dell DA-2 220W power supply;
- 6 pin to 6 pin connector from a modular power supply
1. Enter in bios and set express-card on gen2;
2. Update the Windows PRO 64 bits, and update the bios to the latest from support hp site.
4. Cleanup the C:\ with CCleaner or standard Windows Cleanup program;
5. Shut down the laptop;
6. Now open the top of the exp-gdc with a screwdriver, and set the atx pwr switch to off, bios delay switch set-it to 7 secs when you set the bios start on 0 sec delay, on slim switch you can switch to ultra if you don’t need the usb;
7. Now put back the cover, and connect the Graphics card, the 8 pin off dell power supply, the 6 pin form exp-gdc to graphics card and the hdmi slim line connector in the exp-gdc, then connect an dvi or a hdmi cable to the graphics card;
8. Now connect the other end of the slime line cable in to the express-card connector, but be careful that will sense the click and the connector remain in place;
9. Power on the laptop, and press F8 to enter safe mode in Windows;
10. Here disable the Nvidia Quadro 3000M, but don’t uninstall-it;
11. Shut down the laptop;
12. Power on, and enter the normal mode of Windows;
13. Here extract the latest Nvidia driver you already downloaded, enter device manager and right click the Microsoft Display Device, and click update driver, select manual install, and select the Driver Display folder form your extracted driver;
14. Wait until Windows will finish to install. It will ask you to restart, click cancel and close all programs and shout down the laptop;
15. Power on again in normal mod of Windows, and in device manager will you see Nividia GTX 750Ti with 12 code error;
16. Here you have to use this post to properly function of graphic card:
o I used this post but I downloaded the latest programs from official’s sites.
o It was easy to compile, I had just 5 phrases errors, and thanks to pre-compiled DSDT velitacast I could corrected very easy.
17. After this compile you have to shut down and power on again. Now you should be good.
18. I played some dota 2 with full details at 1920*1080 for an hour, and it was at 60fps constant even in huge fights.
In the near future I will make a post for exp-gdc 9.0b with m.2 slot and HP Pavilion Gaming 15, with i7 6700HQ, with a nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, and I think will be on a video. I think i will test the nvidia GTX 1060 even on exp-gdc 8.4d.
Here I attached some photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Afwb2A48ypTUWaOv2
Thanks for sharing this implementation.
It is possible to give me a screenshot how to do in step 6:
" Now open the top of the exp-gdc with a screwdriver, and set the atx pwr switch to off,"
" Excuse me for my bad English, I'm French "