2012 15" Lenovo Thinkpad E531 (GT740M) [2nd,4C,Q] + GTX 1060 @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (PCE...

Notifications
Clear all

2012 15" Lenovo ThinkPad E531 (GT740M) [2nd,4C,Q] + GTX 1060 @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (PCE164P-N03) + Win10 [inxftw]  

of  4
  RSS

Shahryar Ghayour
(@shahryar_ghayour)

@inxftw

Thank you for all of your help.

1-the only thing remains is integrated GPU which I chose over the switchable graphic in bios settings and when I enter windows through clover and run steam BSOD happens. I figured it is because I changed that to switchable option. By changing to the integrated option I am able to run windows via clover again.

can you please tell me what to do?

2- My FPS is always 20 to 25. I even tried the lowest setting in both GTA V and AC ODDYSEY but each game is the same. What should I do????!!! 

And one last thing is that since it capped at 400mb/s in mpcie port, am I able to use M.2 port instead?

M key to female USB connector can help? because I think that port has a higher Bandwidth.

This post was modified 2 years ago

Thinkpad E531
core i7 3632qm
8 GB Ram
Hd 4000
GT 740M

ReplyQuote
inxftw
(@inxftw)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @shahryar_ghayour

@inxftw

Thank you for all of your help.

1-the only thing remains is integrated GPU which I chose over the switchable graphic in bios settings and when I enter windows through clover and run steam BSOD happens. I figured it is because I changed that to switchable option. By changing to the integrated option I am able to run windows via clover again.

can you please tell me what to do?

2- My FPS is always 20 to 25. I even tried the lowest setting in both GTA V and AC ODDYSEY but each game is the same. What should I do????!!! 

And one last thing is that since it capped at 400mb/s in mpcie port, am I able to use M.2 port instead?

M key to female USB connector can help? because I think that port has a higher Bandwidth.

Are you sure egpu is being utilized? Are you running it though dp/hdmi off of your egpu?

2012 15" Lenovo ThinkPad E531 (GT740M) [2nd,4C,Q] + GTX 1060 @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (PCE164P-N03) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Shahryar Ghayour
(@shahryar_ghayour)

@inxftw

I get +45 fps in battlefield v on ultra of course with some lag sometimes which is normal.

but I do not know why pubg runs only on 25 fps regardless of configurations in setting.

what if I get gtx 1080?! Is the bandwidth enough for running that on 60fps ultra?! I don’t need more fps because I use external display and I know more fps needs more bandwidth.

what I am saying is 25 fps on lowest setting might be due to gtx 1060 weakness ,not bandwidth. 

Thinkpad E531
core i7 3632qm
8 GB Ram
Hd 4000
GT 740M

ReplyQuote
inxftw
(@inxftw)
Eminent Member

@shahryar_ghayour

It could be a lot of things. First, you're taking a ~20% performance hit by not using a direct x8 connection from gpu to cpu. Also pubg works better with ddr4. Maybe 3000-3500 mhz range. Also that processor is a bit outdated. Before judging gpu I'd benchmark everything.

Try recording cpu and pci-e bus load graphs with fps metric while playing pubg.

2012 15" Lenovo ThinkPad E531 (GT740M) [2nd,4C,Q] + GTX 1060 @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (PCE164P-N03) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
 of  4