2013 Mac Pro (FP D500 x2) [3rd,12C,E] + RP 580 @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Blackmagic eGPU...

Notifications
Clear all

2013 Mac Pro (FP D500 x2) [3rd,12C,E] + RP 580 @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Blackmagic eGPU) + Win10 1903 & macOS 10.14.6  

RSS

FOBEATS Instrumentals
(@fobeats_instrumentals)

Good Day Everyone..

After spending weeks on this problem I have found a solution.

I just want to post an Update on this issue.

I managed to get this to work on Both PC and MAC.

Here are my Specs:

Macpro Late 2013 128GB

• Mac: OSX Mojave 14.6
  • Pc: Windows 1903

Graphic Cards

• AMD Firepro D500 (FireGL V)
  • Blackmagic Pro EGPU Radeon Pro 580 8Gb
  • Razer core X RX480

Displays:

• 32" BENQ EW327OU
  • LG HDR 4K
  • Wacom Cintiq 13 HD

This is how I did it.

I connected the Blackmagic Egpu into to the Mac using a genuine Thunderbolt 2 to USB -C Adapter

I downloaded Purge Wranger.

GitHub - mayankk2308/purge-wrangler: AMD & NVIDIA eGPUs for all Thunderbolt Macs.

I ran TERMINAL and I installed Purge Wrangler. I selected AMD as the driver and followed the installation procedures.

After that I restarted the computer and connected the Blackmagic egpu to the bottom-right port of the thunderbolt 2 port and it worked perfectly with the Mac.

With Windows.

After trying different types of windows version and trying different approaches with DSDT etc, none of it worked.

So I downloaded the 1903 Windows version OS build 18362.30. I installed windows using bootcamp.

https://archive.org/details/windows-10-1903-x-64

When setting up windows its important for you to participate in the Windows insider Preview. This is really important for this to work.

It took some time (10-15mins) for Insider to complete installation.

After installation of windows, I download bootcampdrivers.

BootCampDrivers.com: Turbo-charged AMD graphics drivers for Mac BootCamp users.

The driver that worked for me was the NOV 2019 Blue edition.

After following the installation procedures in Safe Mode, I restarted using the computer  into PC and installed the Bootcamp drivers Nov 2019 Blue Drivers.

I encountered and Error 12. The EGPU was not even recognised.

So I went to the device manager and I disabled the following PCL-to-PCL Bridges:

Pictures below.

After disabling the PCL bridges, I went to the Windows Insider Program. This would not work without receiving updates 

I restarted and Voila. It worked.

I connected all my devices including the Wacom CINTIQ13HD, OCULUS CV1, ETC and it all worked perfectly.

I ran Radeon Pro Setting and the picture is displayed below.

However, I noticed that the windows only recognised one of the AMD FIREPRO D500 card.

I hope this helps anyone facing the same issues with the same device.

2013 Mac Pro (FP D500 x2) [3rd,12C,E] + RP 580 @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Blackmagic eGPU) + Win10 1903 & macOS 10.14.6 [build link]  

itsage and nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

@fobeats_instrumentals, thank you for your information. Would you mind completing the build template to capture all pertinent info our users seek from build guides?

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M.2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 // compares M.2 vs TB3 performance inc unoptimized H-CPU BIOS [build link]  

ReplyQuote