2013 Mac Pro (FP D300 x2) [3rd,4C,E] + RX Vega FE @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Razer Core X...

Notifications
Clear all

2013 Mac Pro (FP D300 x2) [3rd,4C,E] + RX Vega FE @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Razer Core X) + macOS 11.1 & Win10 20H2  

of  2
  RSS

ralonso
(@ralonso)

I didn’t saw the detail on the two lower TB. So this is the story: I read in a forum that it was not recommended to connect the eGPU to the TB2 I mi distes on top of the HDMI because they share bus interfase and will be detrimental to the video quality. Plus I ran techpowerup and the bus interface was running at x4 when it could be x16. Then everything went wrong and I had to end up reinstalling everything and connecting the eGPU in the lower right but still running at x4. 
Again, thank you so much. 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
jay_phoenix
(@jay_phoenix)

@anotheregpuser, hi there,

first off thank you for the post. It has been helpful but I’m struggling hard.

‘I was able to get my 6700xt running briefly but as soon as I started a game it stopped working and I haven’t been able to get it going since.

there are slight differences in the hardware we have;

I installed a 10_core cpu in my Mac pro

and of course my 6700xt.

‘at no point since have I been able to see the 6700xt in device manager.

question ; when installing boot cam- drivers should I be able to see the Gpu detected?

also in device manager after disabling the proper devices they become grey and I can’t re-enable them , any thoughts on why this is?

any help is greatly appreciated 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Sarwan Soomro
(@sarwan_soomro)

i cannot get this to work. does someone have a iso which we can burn onto usb which has everything installed

ReplyQuote
Tabrez Musheer
(@tabrez_musheer)

Hi,

I have an RTX 3060 which I generally use in an eGPU setup with an Intel NUC, which works perfectly.

I wanted to see if it would work with my old MacPro 2013 on Bootcamp Windows 10
Using the Thunderbolt 2 to 3 adaptor I was able to connect the MacPro 2013 with the eGPU setup (Sonnet Breakaway Box 550)

As expected it did not detect the eGPU. But after following the general build order for MacPro 2013, of disabling PCI devices on Device Manager i managed to detect the RTX 3060 but with error 12 (This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use).

Is there any way to fix this issue. Or, is using a Nvidia card with MacPro 2013 not possible.

Please share me your opinion. Thanks in advance.

This post was modified 5 days ago

ReplyQuote
 of  2