2013 Mac Pro (FP D500 x2) [3rd,12C,E] + RX 5700 XT @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Mantiz Satu...

Notifications
Clear all

2013 Mac Pro (FP D500 x2) [3rd,12C,E] + RX 5700 XT @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Mantiz Saturn Pro) + macOS 11.0 [itsage]  

of  2
  RSS

Mylaguna
(@mylaguna)

@itsage, thank you so much for your response! As you have given me a clear path! I see you upgraded your processor, can you give me some sense of how well that improve the performance of your system?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Ahr0n
(@ahr0n)

Hello @itsage, I'm excited that there is still possibility to connect TB2 eGPU on MacOS 11, huge thanks for the effort to show this to us. I'm also thinking about buying an eGPU to my late 2014 iMac. However I'm a 3D designer and I'd like to first do a little test on 3D rendering.

Would it be okay for you to do a 3D benchmark on Otoy's Octane renderer? Please let me know.
I'll DM you in response.

Best,
Ahron 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@ahr0n, Please post the instructions and and benchmark resources to our Pro Applications sub-forum. I will run it on this setup and post results.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 15" HP Spectre X360 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Ahr0n
(@ahr0n)

@itsage, Hi, just wrote a post on that sub-forum. I'd be especially interested in TB2 eGPU benchmark score so if you can do this test I'll be grateful ; - )

ReplyQuote
 of  2