- Model: 2014 15" MacBook
- CPU: i7-4770HQ 2.2Ghz
- iGPU: Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200
- dGPU: not applicable
- RAM: 16GB
- OS used for eGPU: Windows 10 (BootCamp)
- hunderbolt 2
- eGPU enclosure: Razer Core X
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super
- Thunderbold cables:
- External display: Samsung C24F390FHI 23.5" 1920x1080, plugged into Razer Core X
There was a lot I have been doing before making it work, but the end it came down to just a few steps that mattered (verified when OS died):
- Run Windows Update, and update to latest version (required 2 reboots)
- set up a USB flash drive ( Goalque ‘s automate-eGPU EFI )
- Plug in Razer Core X (Core -> TB3 cable -> TB3 to TB2 adapter -> TB2 cabel -> Mac)
- Boot through the USB flash drive
- Install latest Nvidia drivers
The main difficulty I had was that hot plug did not work me (maybe I was not doing it right, but I tried many time).
DDU was not really required as well, probable because there is no dGPU.
(!) Only boot into Windows through USB flash if eGPU is plugged. Forgetting doing that resulted in Windows dying completely (I had no recovery point).
Sorry, no benchmarks, however this setups runs much better than my old Alienware m17x R3.
Hope it helps anyone.