2016 12" ASUS Transformer Pro 3 [6th,2C,U] + RTX 2070 @ 16Gbps-TB3 (AKiTiO Node ...

Notifications
Clear all

2016 12" ASUS Transformer Pro 3 [6th,2C,U] + RTX 2070 @ 16Gbps-TB3 (AKiTiO Node Titan) + Win10  

RSS

slothman
(@slothman)

System specs

Asus Transformer Pro 3 T303UA

- i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) -
 Intel(R) HD Graphics 520
 Windows 10 Pro 17763

Display resolution: Built in - 2880x1920, external monitor - 3840x2160

16GB ram, 512GB SSD

eGPU hardware

Akitio Node Titan

MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Tri FROZR 8GB

Stock cable, no modifications

Hardware pictures (note: require 5+ posts for "attach files" button to appear. Or can link from say http://imgur.com   BUT post the .jpg/.png image file rather than a link to it)

Installation steps

Update your BIOS, and thunderbolt 3 driver from asus's support page, download the latest nvidia drivers

At the moment, there's no downloads or tweaks I know of for the Node Titan, but it's possible they'll release something later. I'll try to remember to update things if so.

Benchmarks - Stock cable for all tests

CUDA-Z

External:

Internal monitor:

Heaven Benchmarks

External monitor:

Internal monitor:

Comments Felt it was worth making an account and uploading my findings, since the only other tranformer 3 pro listed in builds is showing an oddly low device to device reading. I copied some of the testing formats to kinda point out some differences, but the biggest thing to be aware of is the quality settings in the GPU stress test.

Bought this 2-in-1 on ebay for 200 bucks because the corner of the screen was cracked and the listing said it was parts only and didn't work. Haggled for a while thinking I'd need to fix a few things to get it running, only to find out all I needed was to turn off the touchscreen drivers and I was good. Ordered a GPD Win Max that I'll be testing out once I get it. Might resell this with a fixed screen and a keyboard for a little profit, but honestly, it works remarkably well. I can play Monster Hunter World on max settings and I don't feel any slog in it. The GPU fans almost never come on. When they do, it's slightly jarring hearing all the fans kick on at once like a jet engine for no more than 4 seconds, then back off for hours at a time. I've had sessions where they never even kick on. Speaking of, they never did during any of these tests.

2020 8" GPD Win Max [10th,4C,G] + RTX 2070 @ 16Gbps-TB3 (AKiTiO Node Titan) + Win10 [build link]  

nando4 and itsage liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@slothman, Thank you for sharing this nice build! Looking forward to seeing your experience with the GPD Win Max + eGPU.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 15" HP Spectre X360 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote