2016 13" Macbook Pro non touchbar + GTX1060-3GB@32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core) + Win10 [haruhiku]^
Although I plan to sell my Razer Core, I would like to share my experience with my MBP + Razer Core. I used this setup mainly for playing games in Win10.
0. Equip your Core with the GPU!
1. You need to disable SIP and perform an EFI installation of Win10 to support external GPU.
2. After your Win10 installation, boot into it without the Core, when you enter the desktop, plug in the Core. Win10 may automatically download the Razer Synapse (including necessary drivers) and Nvidia Driver if you are connected to the internet. If not, you need to download those yourself 😛
3. Next step is to go to Device Manager, check if you get code 12 with the GPU. If yes, disable port #10 - 9D19, as shown below:
Then disable & enable the GPU, unplug the Core, reboot.
4. Plug in the Core when you see the Windows logo, then it will take you a few minutes to set up the eGPU. When you boot into your desktop with eGPU, remember to disable/enable your MBP sound card driver to fix the sound problem.
5. Lastly, enjoy! I only run SteamVR benchmark to see the performance, it scores 6.4 with the poor dual core i5 🙁
There are also a few thing to be attention to:
1. I cannot boot into Windows if I keep the Core plug in before I seeing the Win logo, probably an issue with the memory allocation.
2. If you use the method I describe above, you cannot hot plug/unplug the Core when you are in Win10, it will go into blue screen if you try it (But you can unplug it for only once without blue screen).
3. I have tried the intel DSDT method with testing mode in Win10, hot plug/unplug is supported in this scenario. However, you still need to plug in the Core after you seeing the logo when you boot into Windows. Perhaps the other DSDT method can solve this problem? I didn't try as I don't want to take the risk of bricking my machine...
4. When the Core is connected, if I try to plug in my Xbox controller to the spare TB3 port, the blue screen comes...But there will be no issue if I just use USB ports of the Razer Core.