2015 15" Dell Latitude E5570 R7 M370 + GTX1070 @32Gbps-M2 (ADT R3G) + Win10 [jkey]^  

RSS

jkey
(@luxjar01)
October 21, 2018 3:53 pm  

System specs (2015 15.6" Dell Latitude E5570, i7 6820HQ (locked at 3.6Ghz all cores), Intel HD 530, AMD R7 M370, Win 10 64-bit)

eGPU hardware (32Gbps-M2 ADT R3G, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB Mini powered by Dell DA-2, DiY eGPU enclosure)

Hardware pictures (note: require 5+ posts for "attach files" button to appear. Or can link from say  http://imgur.com  )

Here is some pictures why the M2 won't fit together with the stock HDD

Here some simple mod to keep the airflow underneath the laptop and hid the M2 cable (laptop stand)

Installation steps 
1- I buy a SATA to MSATA converter for my Kingston UV500 480GB MSATA SSD (since the M2 slot get blocked by the HDD)

2- Mount the M2 ADT R3G to the laptop and switch on the eGPU (I'm using Dell DA-2) make sure to put the SW-2 (switch 2 to "ON", this will enable always "ON" feature on the ADT R3G). After the eGPU turn on the laptop.

3- Boot into windows check on device manager showing the GTX 1070 card is detected. Install the latest driver from Nvidia sites and restart laptop.

4- Once it boot into windows, it will show "error 43" as I'm using a 10' series card. Run the "FIX ERROR 43 Script" (Thanks to nando for letting me know bout the script as I didn't aware of it) you can get it here and restart the laptop. By the time it boot to windows, check the device manager under display adapter > GTX 1070 > properties. The "error 43" should be gone. 🙂

5- Enjoy!

**locked the CPU to run at 3.6Ghz all cores by using throttlestop. 

**this laptop is pretty much plug and play it didn't required hotplug/modded bios like my previous laptop which is Acer Aspire 4752G

**Update;
I've bought M2 extension from taobao (here is the link) for PnP purpose. With some cutting and velcro tape the M2 eGPU is quite Plug n Play now. Here's some picture of it.

Benchmarks (Include a CUDA-Z or AIDA64 bandwidth pic. Optional: Valley, 3dmark, noting if it's on internal/external LCD )
**All benchmark are running on internal monitor

eGPU **eGPU + M2 extension

3dmark Firestrike 1.1  | Heaven Benchmark 4.0

Throttlestop temp after stress test & heavy gaming

3dmark Firestrike 1.1

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/16978971

Comments (eg: how has the eGPU improved your workflow or gaming)

Thanks to nando for guiding me on buying the next laptop for this eGPU project. I got this Dell Latitude E5570 for only US $399 (1659.xx MYR). This laptop is a beast and the price is so unrealistic as this laptop is really expensive in MY'. For the same specs, they'll be selling at 900 to 1200 USD. 

Why not build a Gaming Desktop??? Thanks but I've build my Gaming Desktop and the only thing I miss it the portable gaming. I used to have a gaming laptop (MSI GT70 20D) it cost me US $1714.xx on 2014 and sell it 3 years later and build a Gaming desktop.
Why don't you buy a budget gaming laptop??? it cross my mind but since the price is too much and I can't afford it and not to mention some of them already are really expensive even it doesn't come with M2 Nvme Slot.
Latitude E5570 might be my last eGPU laptop because it only weight somewhere around 2.1kgs (light) and gaming on eGPU system has been a step up from my previous eGPU setup (4Gbps-mPcie). With the stable 32Gbps even faster than TB3, gaming on this laptop is really great and with this processor I might even can use GTX 1080 Ti only if I found a good deal on it later. 

Enjoy and regards^^

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin
October 22, 2018 2:08 pm  

@jkey , thank you for your build. Would you mind posting a final pic of the M.2 eGPU adapter together with the SSD? I understand you needed to use a mSATA SSD to allow these two items to coexist in the same space as a 2.5" SSD + M.2 adapter are space limited otherwise.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table    •    Several builds
2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 M1000M + macOS 10.14 & Win10

ReplyQuote
 jkey
(@luxjar01)
November 5, 2018 4:30 am  

Hey nando,

I've update the build guide. If there is anything left that I didn't manage to put in it please inform me. 

Thanks!

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

rhyker2u and nando4 liked
ReplyQuote