2016 15" Dell Inspiron 5567 [7th,2C,U] + RX 590 @ 8Gbps-M2 (EXP GDC 8.x) + Win10

Notifications
Clear all

2016 15" Dell Inspiron 5567 [7th,2C,U] + RX 590 @ 8Gbps-M2 (EXP GDC 8.x) + Win10  

of  2
  RSS

Fazums
(@fazums)
Eminent Member

System specs

Dell Inspiron 5567

i5-7200U

Win10

eGPU hardware

EXP GDC 8.x via M.2 slot (Wifi/bluetooth) 
AMD RX 590 8GB

Silemtium VERO M2 ATX PSU

Hardware Pictures

Maybe later.

Steps to get it working

@luis_rivera,  Dell laptops seem to be free from whitelist thing, so you can plug in anything without issues ( I'am using M.2 cable and everything is ok). You don't need a custom bios or whitelist mod.

As for ATX and PTD switches, I keep them off, becouse they didn't worked out for me ( PSU I'm using - Silemtium VERO M2)

If you using Dell laptop, I had this issue, that makes my fan spin like crazy causing my Windows to freez after boot + black screen. Here is how to pass this:

1. Instal GDC EXP via cable to your laptop etc.

2. Turn PSU to ON

3. Turn your Lapptop ON and press F8/F2 untill bios menu opens. You will see that, fan on your eGPU will turn off (its ok). You need to enter bios everytime before starting windows - in other case... crash, black screen etc.

4. Press Exit in your Bios menu without changing anything.

5. Laptop starts to boot again with eGPU detected

If you have AMD dGPU as well as eGPU, you don't need to disable your dGPU port and device in device manager, becouse its the same family. Simply download drivers from AMD, install them, and in driver manager options, set it to use your new GPU. Sometime you have to chagne settings in windows manager, to tell your laptop wich screen to use, becouse if the app is running on internal screen, it will use dGPU. If you want to use eGPU, set app to use external screen. In other words, set your external screen to be your main screen

Everytime you need to take your laptop outside, first turn it off, plug out HDMI cable from GDC EXP, then turn on your laptop - and now you can use it with dGPU 🙂

P.S I am using  RX 590  OC 8 GB. Ive read that going above 4GB eGPU is problem for many laptops, becouse they are locked for max 4GB vram, but in my case 8 GB is working really well 🙂

Benchmarks

Witcher 3, max settings, 60 fps +hairwork

Crysis 1, 2, 3 max settings

Alan Wake max settings

Also every big 2019/2020 games will work on highest settings in native resolution.

If you want to work with 3D software, go with Nvidia GPU, becouse of CUDA.

2016 15" Dell Inspiron 5567 [7th,2C,U] + RX 590 @ 8Gbps-M2 (EXP GDC 8.x) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
luis rivera
(@luis_rivera)

@fazums, sweet thanks for answering I always wanted to play any decent games on this laptop but never thought it would be possible, anyway Im planing to build a Desktop pc so I might buy the gpu first and try it.

By the way what games and fps are you getting on average? Are you able to play on high settings?

Thanks again!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Fazums
(@fazums)
Eminent Member

@luis_rivera, see included benchmarks in opening post.

2016 15" Dell Inspiron 5567 [7th,2C,U] + RX 590 @ 8Gbps-M2 (EXP GDC 8.x) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
横江 誠人
(@masma0925)

@fazums

Hi, I also have the same computer(Inspiron 5567 with Intel i5-7200u) and am trying out the rx580 with eGPU GDC EXP 8.5c, but I just can't stop fan runaway and black screen. What settings did your bios have? If I use the DDU to remove the dGPU driver, the eGPU is recognized, but I get a yellow mark and error 31.

Thank you for your cooperation Smile

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Fazums
(@fazums)
Eminent Member

@masma0925

Before booting to windows, first enter Bios by taping F2/F8. After you enter BIOS, click Exit button and your laptop will reboot with eGPU detected. Do not uinstall drivers etc. You need to boot into bios everytime you turn your laptop on with eGPU - in other case black screen, windows freez, fan will spinn with full speed.

Remember to use external monitor, becouse AMD cards will not allow you to use laptop screen

ReplyQuote
横江 誠人
(@masma0925)

@fazums

Thank you for helping me! I will try Smile

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Posted by: @fazums

Remember to use external monitor, becouse AMD cards will not allow you to use laptop screen

Win10 1803 or newer has a hybrid graphics feature that allows an AMD-eGPU accelerated internal LCD. See details at:

https://egpu.io/forums/pc-setup/windows-10-spring-update-1803-and-bootcamp-egpu-for-macs/

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Hardik Dhingra
(@hardik_dhingra)

Hi! I wanted to know, will the case be same for ngff version? if I plug it into my dell Inspiron will it be the same? I want to use rx 570 with my laptop. will I need an external display?

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Posted by: @hardik_dhingra

Hi! I wanted to know, will the case be same for ngff version? if I plug it into my dell Inspiron will it be the same? I want to use rx 570 with my laptop. will I need an external display?

The wifi card in these systems is M.2 A+E key.

src: laptopmedia

EXP GDC's "NGFF A key" would be used here.  An alternative is to use a ADT-Link R53S adapter whose soldered patented German interconnect cable results in better Gen3 signal integrity than EXP GDC's HDMI cable.

Win10 1803 or newer has a hybrid graphics feature that allows an AMD-eGPU accelerated internal LCD. No external LCD is required. See details at:

https://egpu.io/forums/pc-setup/windows-10-spring-update-1803-and-bootcamp-egpu-for-macs/

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Hardik Dhingra
(@hardik_dhingra)

@nando4, oh. Was it a windows issue with the AMD GPUs or was it AMD drivers itself before 1803 update? Also that thread is for macs. Is it the same for Dell systems? 

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
 of  2