- 2016 15" MacBook Pro
- 2.9GHz i7-6920HQ (4 Cores)
- 16GB RAM
- 512GB NVMe SSD
- AMD Radeon Pro 460 / Intel HD Graphics 530
- External Monitor (LG [email protected] 60Hz)
- GTX 1080 TI (EVGA SC2 Gaming)
Based on jthiepler guide, thank you!
1. Install Windows 10 1903 V2 (Build 18362.356) using Bootcamp
2. Disable 1905 in Device Manager
3. Shut system down, plug in turned off eGPU into the right TB3 port next to the headphone jack. Make sure the eGPU is plugged into a display. Turn on eGPU and boot into Windows.
4. Install latest Nvidia Driver and reboot.
7. So far so good. If I boot with eGPU plugged in it will get used, otherwise built-in Radeon GPU is used. FWIW, I have power cable plugged in on the bottom left TB3 with eGPU plugged in to top right.
Scored 4299 in 4k High Quality http://benchmark.finalfantasyxv.com/na/
Initially tried to set this up to deep-learning with Ubuntu 20.04 but couldn't make it work so decided to use Windows to verify the eGPU enclosure and the 2nd-hand GPU actually works.
Next step is fighting with Ubuntu 20.04.