2016 13" HP Spectre X360 [7th,2C,U] + GTX 960 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win1...

Notifications
Clear all

2016 13" HP Spectre X360 [7th,2C,U] + GTX 960 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 [Danilo]  

RSS

Danilo Søndergaard
(@danilo_sondergaard)

Hi! I would really like to show you my first eGPU setup with HP Spectre x360 and Razer Core X and it's working flawlessly!

Laptop specs:
i7- 7500U @ 2.70GHz
8GB RAM DDR3 1600 MHz
512GB SSD
Intel HD Graphics 620

eGPU:
Razer Core X. Not as compact as other eGPUs out there, but It still works for me in my small apartment.

Asus ROG Strix GTX 960 4GB. I would have gone with something like GeForce 16-series or 10-series, but it was what I could afford for but it has an okay performance.

Plug n' Play:
I installed the GTX 960 in the enclosure and inserted the power cable in the included power supply. I then plugged the included TB3 cable to both the enclosure and my laptop, installed the Nvidia Driver for the GTX 960 and restarted the whole thing. The whole process was very smooth and easy and I had no problems.

Setup: DKK is the Danish Crown
HP Spectre x360
Razer Core X - (1200 DKK)
Razer Blackwidow X Chroma + GTX 960 4GB - (300 DKK)
Razer Deathadder - (70 DKK)
Samsung 24" TV as an extra monitor (300 DKK)

Everything was bought second-hand (not the laptop though) through Facebook Marketplace and I bought everything weeks/months apart, it took me maybe 6 months to get this kind of setup. And I really did my reading as I didn't know that much about pc's, hardware and that stuff...
I also invested on a very cheap laptop cooler 'cause my laptop do get a little too hot than it used to, but though I wasn't surprised about this. Thank you for reading my post! Feel free to ask if you have any questions! 😛

I do have one question though... My Razer Core X is the non-chroma version, and to spice things up (lol), I would want to add some RGB lights into it but I'm not really sure how. Is it possible to connect it directly from the PSU? or the board? 

This topic was modified 7 months ago
2016 13" HP Spectre X360 [7th,2C,U] + GTX 960 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote