2016 Dell Optiplex 3050 Micro [6th,4C,T] + GTX 1060 @ 32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SL...

Notifications
Clear all

2016 Dell Optiplex 3050 Micro [6th,4C,T] + GTX 1060 @ 32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SL) + Win10 [pogz]  

of  4
  RSS

nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Per the Buyer Guide , 6th-gen i-core or newer can run a Gen3 8Gbps PCH PCIe port (M.2 wifi or NVME SSD). Recommend ADT-Link R53S over EXP GDC as has better Gen3 signal stability.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Laci Márkus
(@laci_markus)

Posted by: @nando4

Per the Buyer Guide , 6th-gen i-core or newer can run a Gen3 8Gbps PCH PCIe port (M.2 wifi or NVME SSD). Recommend ADT-Link R53S over EXP GDC as has better Gen3 signal stability.

Yes, I read the buyer's guide. One thing I could not find was which graphics card would max out that 8Gbps bandwith. Will open a new topic, but it's getting really late over here. Sorry for piggybacking on Pog's topic.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
pogz
 pogz
(@pogz)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @laci_markus
Posted by: @nando4

Yes, I read the buyer's guide. One thing I could not find was which graphics card would max out that 8Gbps bandwith. Will open a new topic, but it's getting really late over here. Sorry for piggybacking on Pog's topic.

+1 on NVME ADT. take note that it is more expensive.. so keep that in mind if you're budget constrained. 

you might want to look into how the GPU handles rendering if you are into editing.. afaik nvenc helps with the heavy lifting when doing renders but I am no expert in how that translates to bandwidth usage of the PCIE port. 

2016 Dell Optiplex 3050 Micro [6th,4C,T] + GTX 1060 @ 32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SL) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
 of  4