2016 MPB 15" RP455 + [email protected] (AKiTiO Node) + Win10(1709) ^^ [VOD] // no scripts for Windows, pnp  

RSS

VOD
 VOD
(@vod)
November 25, 2017 11:21 am  

Hi there, let's get to the Point:

1. Clean High Sierra Install
  2. Install Bootcamp (min. 48GB for Windows, using external HDD for Games)
  3. Install Windows after reboot (eGPU all the time NOT connected)
  4. Let Windows Boot und Update
  5. (optional) Restart to macOs by holding "option" key and check if all Files are fine, I had some system errors on mac like missing files, after a reboot again everything was fine
  6. Reboot and hold "option" key, you see Windows and Macintosh Bootoptions, NOW plug in the eGPU to the left TB3 Port closest to you, then select Windows to boot.
  7. Windows starts downloading drivers for "Microsoft Basic Video Adapter", after a reboot my external Screen powered
  8. Device Manager shows "Radeon Pro 455" + "Nvidia 1080ti"

No reFind needed, no other Scripts or Hacks used, it just worked! Even the Nvidia Driver was installed through Windows Update.

Just error 12 showed up, but with hotplugging the eGPU under Mac Bootmenu it vanished.

CUDA-Z

2016 MPB 15" RP455 + [email protected] (AKiTiO Node) + Win10(1709) ^^ [VOD] // no scripts for Windows, pnp

nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
Ch0nDa
(@ch0nda)
November 26, 2017 7:04 pm  

I have a 2016 MBP 15" RP460 + TitanX - Series 9 - I cannot get over the Error 12, High Sierra.  I have done all steps accordingly.  

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
witchbutter
(@witchbutter)
November 28, 2017 4:03 am  

I too have 2016 MBP RP460 with a Titan X Pascal in Sonnet 550, I have error 12 in Windows no matter which plug I use.  In addition the new method of installing the nVidia drivers does not work at all, the screen just freezes and  I have to soft off.  This is after a format and fresh install.

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
witchbutter
(@witchbutter)
November 28, 2017 4:19 am  

Actually I take that back, I was able to get the Titan to start in Windows if there is absolutely nothing else plugged in other than the egpu.  If I try to plug in so much as a mouse everything freezes, which is consistent with the Error 12-the computer runs out of resources.  Looks like that is how you are running in the pic as well, with your peripherals being bluetooth.

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin
November 29, 2017 1:13 am  

@VOD, have you installed the the NVIDIAeGPUSupport package to get your GTX1080Ti working under macOS10.13?

https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/wip-nvidia-egpu-support-for-high-sierra/

I see no mention of it in your opening post. If you do, as you are familiar with hotplugging, would you like to generate CUDA-Z benchmark screenshots under macOS? I’m investigating the Apple firmware throttling the TB3 link when it detects a Nvidia eGPU. Hotplugging, for Windows at least, is a workaround. Maybe your results will show it can be a fix for macOS as well? More details at:

https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/mbp-tb3-port-underperformance-16xxmibs-instead-of-22xxmibs-under-macos-or-windowsapple_set_os-efi/

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table    •    Several builds
2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 M1000M + macOS 10.14 & Win10

ReplyQuote
VOD
 VOD
(@vod)
December 21, 2017 10:23 am  

sorry for being late, yes im currently using the NVIDIAeGPUSupport v4 and newest Nvidia Driver.

cuda-z is showing reduced bandwidth I guess, keep in mind im not using any bootloader modifications such as refined or apple_efi etc.

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member
February 23, 2018 5:57 pm  

Just commenting to say I have just set up my work MBP (same model) in exactly the same way. Took a little bit for everything to actually take, bootcamp took some reinstalls, at one point it wouldn't boot, but when it all came together the winning combo was plug and play, error 12 self fixed, no rEFInd, no DDST edit. 

WAHOOOO...

Now to compare games on 13 and 15inch.

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touchbar + [email protected] (AKiTiO Thunder3) + Win10
2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar + [email protected] (Sonnet Breakaway Box) + Win10

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar + GTX1070 (debating 2070 upgrade) @32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core V1) + Win10

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar + Vega 56 @32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core V1) + Win10 & macOS 10.14+

---
LG 5K Ultrafine flickering issue fix

ReplyQuote
(@gagan_malik)
February 27, 2018 11:29 am  

So when playing games, does the game automatically switches to Nvidia card?

ReplyQuote