Setup & Software Discussions
2017 13" MacBook Pro [7th,2C,U] + GTX 1080 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Wi...

2017 13" MacBook Pro [7th,2C,U] + GTX 1080 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 [Mabrothrax]  

RSS

Mabrothrax
(@mabrothrax)

Hello everyone,

So yeah i've been reading this forum for quite a while and finally decided to make a build of my own. To be honest if i knew better i wouldnt buy MBP but well, things happen 🙂

So what i did to get this running:

- Installed WIN10 via bootcamp
- Installed rEFInd and the script to choose system (this stoped working and WIN10 boots everytime like automaticly)
- Plugged in the AGB when WIN10 was booting
- Installed GPU Drivers
- Wachted some weird stuff happen on screen (flickering, artefacts etc)
- And its done, working like a charm on LG 32UD99-W

Before eGPU

And with eGPU connected to external monitor

And a CUDA-Z screen

Cheers!

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
ts1
 ts1
(@ts1)

Slightly confused, did you use the apple_set_os.efi before booting into windows? I'm on a 2017 nTB 13" with an RX580 and I've tried hotplugging it at the dots when windows boots up but it didn't work. (ended up breaking windows and had to reinstall from the mac os partition as I didn't make a restore point lol). 

Have yet to try it myself with the apple_set_os.efi workaround since I've been swamped with school work but I figure it should work with that. 

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Mabrothrax
(@mabrothrax)

Yes, i've used it.

And the most funny thing that happend to me when booting back to macOS to check something was this

Reinstall of High Sierra helped, but it was funny thing to watch 😀

ReplyQuote
seany_tsunami
(@seany_tsunami)

Hey what's up man. I just bought an AGB 1080 for my 2017, 13 inch MBP w/ touch bar, and I'm wondering if you have any advice so that nothing goes wrong.

I'm using bootcamp, no rEFInd. Running Mojave 10.14.5. Haven't touched/connected the AGB yet.

I intend on using the AGB in Windows, but macOS support would be a nice plus too. What would you recommend I do?

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

ReplyQuote
seany_tsunami
(@seany_tsunami)

Posted by: Eightarmedpet

Just hot plug!
or use rEFInd. 
Of efi bootloader. 
Easy set up.

Thanks. Going to plug into bootcamp Windows 10 when I get home, will report results.

ReplyQuote