2017 13" MacBook Pro [7th,2C,U] + GTX 1070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Sonnet Breakaway 550) + macOS 10.13.5 & Win10 [whiskey_1130]
System specs (model inc screen size, CPU, iGPU, dGPU, operating system)
eGPU hardware (eGPU enclosure, video card, any third-party TB3 cable, any custom mods)
- Coming Soon!
Installation steps (what did you do to get it all going?)
Followed the guide by @itsage
- Install Windows 10 ISO through Bootcamp Assistant [in macOS].
- Install DDU to remove default AMD/Nvidia graphics drivers and disable Windows automated GPU driver installation [in Windows].
- Install latest Intel iGPU drivers then create a manual Restore point just in case there's boot up issues [in Windows].
- Install rEFInd boot manager [in macOS].
- Mount EFI partition and create a subfolder called "custom" [in macOS].
- Download and copy apple_set_os.efi into the "custom" folder inside EFI volume [in macOS].
- Shut MacBook Pro down then connect eGPU to a Thunderbolt 3/USB-C port.
- Hit ENTER on apple_set_os.efi volume at rEFInd screen then boot into Windows [boot selection].
- Open Device Manager to confirm iGPU and Microsoft Display Adapter are present and active [in Windows].
- Install Nvidia graphics drivers then restart [in Windows].
- Boot into Windows following apple_set_os.efi at rEFInd boot selection screen.
*eGPU External Display*
FFXIV Stormblood Benchmark
Comments (eg: how has the eGPU improved your workflow or gaming?)
- I've reduced my office from a full sized gaming rig down to a simple Sonnet with my MacBook Pro nearby.
How and when do you connect the SSD drive?. I have a similar setup with just 2 thunderbolt ports and I am not able to have both the egpu and anything else connected at the same time.