- 2017 13inch HP spectre x360
- LG ultrafine 4k monitor 22inch
- Intel Core i7-8550U
- 16GB ram
- Intel UHD Graphics 620
- 512GB Samsung SSD
- Windows 10
Installation steps (what did you do to get it all going?)
- Installed the latest thunderbolt driver(In my case the laptop did not recognized the eGPU and showing code45 before installing the driver). From here
- Hot-plugged eGPU to the port that is closest to the user.
- Installed the latest Akitio Node firmware.
- Installed the GPU driver.
Unigine Valley Benchmarks
Windows 8 (build 9200) 64bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz (1991MHz) x4
Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 126.96.36.19944/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 188.8.131.524 (4095MB) x1
1920x1080 8xAA fullscreen
The setup is working perfectly. One tip that I am offering is to buy used product. Got the ultrafine monitor for 130USD (Retail at 699USD) from a local buyer in like new condition; Got the 1080ti FE from my friend for 450USD; Got the hp from an ebay store for 1050USD. Yes I am a pawnstar :).
The monitor got 4 thunderbolt 3 ports. Three of them are downstream ports. My hp got 2 tb3 ports. How should I set it up? Do I connect the enclosure with my computer and then connect the graphic card to the monitor using a displayport to tb3 cable?