2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar + [email protected] (Mantiz Venus) + macOS10.13.1 & Win10 [Bn9t]  

RSS

Bn9t
 Bn9t
(@bn9t)
December 12, 2017 12:21 pm  

This is my first implementation guide - first thanks to all the forum members which helped me set up my eGPU.

As there is native support for my Saphire Radeon RX480 8GB in Mac OS I have no problems whatsoever using the eGPU in High Sierra 10.13.1.

I installed the latest version of Windows 1709 through Bootcamp and updated everything. I attached the eGPU and installed the latest ATI drivers. Then after restart I run into the infamous „Error 12“. As I have the „Large Memory” resource allocated I didn’t experimented with the device manager / DSDT override.

I read about hot plugging in the eGPU so I tried this - after selection of Windows Bootcamp when the spinning circle is showing I connected the eGPU.

It didn’t work until I used the right lower TB3 Port ! The internal and external Display is working fine.

I can’t explain why, but this port is working. Hot plugging doesn’t always work though.

When I leave the eGPU attached the internal display is stopping at the windows logo and the external display works fine.

I have no benchmarks yet, just wanted to let you guys know how I get my eGPU running.

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

theitsage liked
ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin
December 12, 2017 12:29 pm  

Thank you for your submission with a less common AMD eGPU on a Macbook under Windows. Did you want verify you are getting 32Gbps-TB3 bandwidth to ensure maximum performance?

https://egpu.io/external-gpu-implementations-table/#perf

Also, would you like to include some picture of your gear to bring it all to life? After your fifth post an Attach Files button appears allowing direct upload of pictures.  Can just do 4 dummy posts to get that to appear or alternatively, can link pictures of another host like imgur.com.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table    •    Several builds
2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 M1000M + macOS 10.14 & Win10

ReplyQuote
Bn9t
 Bn9t
(@bn9t)
December 12, 2017 12:59 pm  

Ok I will check if I really have 32Gbps using the right lower port. I will upload a picture of my setup later. 

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

nando4 liked
ReplyQuote