2017 14-inch Lenovo YOGA 920 Star Wars Edition + GTX 1080(Gigabyte AORUS box 1080) + Win10 home 1809 [MasaKING]  

RSS

MasaKING
(@masaking)
December 19, 2018 1:25 pm  

System specs

Lenovo YOGA 920 Star Wars Edition Core i7-8550U, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 4K, Win 10 home 1809

DELL Alienware AW3418DW (UWQHD 3440 x 1440) G-Sync monitor

Gigabyte AORUS box 1080 F1.1 with CalDigit active cable 2.0m

When I introduced DELL AW3418DW monitor, I noticed existed G-Sync issue with eGPU.
Having dealt with that issue was the best result for gaming as now.
The issue occurs when I use PC’s monitor and eGPU’s monitor at the same time.
It seems that it’s happening to try to process G-sync to iGPU/internal dGPU.
If you want to use G-sync, please try the installation steps.

Installation steps:

1.Disable Bitlocker as preparation or make a note the recovery key.
   I recommend that you disable it if someone else don’t touch the PC.

2.Plug and play.

3.Open device manager and disable iGPU/internal dGPU on display tab.
   Never delete, select disable.

4.Reboot PC.

5.Depens on situation.

If starting LOGO appears on PC’s monitor for the first time. after reboot. Reboot again.

If starting LOGO appears on eGPU’s monitor for the first time after reboot.
   Log on and a few minutes. It’s important wait a few minutes because takes time to recognize USB and configure the display.

6.Play the game!!

7.To turn on the power again, follow the procedure No.5.

Let’s wait for a while when the logo is displayed as the time to start up will be longer than usual.
   It’s feeling that it takes 1 minute to start up in about 15 seconds.

If you want to use PC only, start up without eGPU connection, pc’s monitor can be use.

When the eGPU is disconnected due to some cause and blackout screen occurs,
   please forcibly turn off the pc’s power. And follow the procedure No.5 and increase waiting time.

Gigabite application is either install or not install. But as it’s a fuckin’ application full of bugs, I recommend you not to install it.
   If you want change color of the AORUS box’s illumination, it’s better uninstall it after change color.
   I don’t know why, but It’ll be held until you unplug the eGPU power cable.
   If you want Over Clocking, you can be use MSI Afterbuner for free.

Benchmarks:

Comments:
AW3418DE monitor has very high resolution. So, FPS score is never good, but it’ll be comfortable gaming because is no flick, no stutter, no tearing and no delay.
When I played BF5 with the highest quality, FPS is 40 to 50, but I can play comfortable.
I think that it’s irritated if G-sync isn’t available.
I regret not to be able to use a dual monitor using a PC monitor, but I recommend you play a game on eGPU with G-Sync monitor.

https://egpu.io/forums/builds/2017-14-inch-lenovo-yoga-920-star-wars-edition-gtx-1080gigabyte-aorus-box-1080-win10-home-1809-masaking/

theitsage liked
ReplyQuote