2017 14" Lenovo Yoga 920 [8th,4C,U] + RX 6600 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Zotac AMP Box Min...

Notifications
Clear all

2017 14" Lenovo Yoga 920 [8th,4C,U] + RX 6600 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Zotac AMP Box Mini) + Win10 [Attackid]  

RSS

Attackid
(@attackid)

System specs

• Yoga 920 with i7-8550U, 16GB ram and 256GB SSD
  • Windows 10 21H2

eGPU hardware

Installation steps

Ran DDU to remove previous Nvidia Drivers
Plug into port closest to touchpad
Install AMD Drivers

I then went into the AMD Software and tuned the power limit to -5% to help it stay within 150 watts that the enclosure can provide.

Benchmarks

External Display

valleybench
heavenbench

Comments

I can't believe been I've rocking the Zotac AMP BOX Mini for 4 years now. It's a fantastic little beast that I don't ever see myself replacing, it's sad to see Zotac not offer it everywhere to buy.

The GPU prices finally hit below MSRP and was eyeing either a 6600 XT or 3060 as they are pretty much hitting the limit of what I can power in this enclosure.

I ended up going with the Radeon, as the price in my country was much cheaper, but also the video posted by Hardware Unboxed titled "Nvidia Has a Driver Overhead Problem" was in the back of my mind with my low-powered CPU. So with that, AMD was the better choice for some of the games I play. 

The 6 Pin to 8 Pin cable I bought separately seems to be doing the job along with the minor power limit put in place. 

Let's bring on another 4 years for this enclosure Smile

This topic was modified 2 months ago
2017 14" Lenovo Yoga 920 [8th,4C,U] + RX 6600 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Zotac AMP Box Mini) + Win10 [build link]  

Mini i5 liked
ReplyQuote
(@hungsu)

Would love a photo of the whole setup!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote