2017 15" Dell Inspiron 7567 (GTX1050Ti) [7th,4C,H] + GTX 980 Ti @ 32Gbps-M2 (ADT...

Notifications
Clear all

2017 15" Dell Inspiron 7567 (GTX1050Ti) [7th,4C,H] + GTX 980 Ti @ 32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SL) + Win10 [Hunew]  

of  3
  RSS

Áthila Matheus
(@athila_matheus)

I have an Acer Aspire 5 A515-51-56K6, its input is M.2-2280 (M-type). Can anyone tell me if it would be possible to install this adapter on it?
I am Brazilian, This text has been translated,

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

@athila_matheus , if you test a M.2 eGPU adapter then will know if it works. A basic x1 3.0 unit starts at US$13:

https://egpu.io/external-gpu-buyers-guide-2018/#m2-interface

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
BESTSTAR
(@beststar)

@Hunew the taobao artcile says that it doent work with gpus. id that correct?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
jonnyheey
(@jonnyheey)

has anybody attempted to do this on the m.2 wifi slot. I want to give this a shot i have a ssd installed and rather sacrifice the wifi instead of the ssd. or any work arounds

ReplyQuote
Alan Henrique Vicente
(@alan_henrique_vicente)

Hi guys,  recently i bought a adapter to try egpu with this notebook.  This topic is too old, but can help me a lot.

About tutorial, i think that a details are missing, like app used to make a bios backup and find our IFR. but ok, you gave us the solution to activate "setup_var 0xA64 0x1 and it work fine here!!

about @nando4, is essential buy the software to disable dGPU or have other way to do it?

if someone has a good trick or tips about enclosure i apreciate and tks Nando4 for you god job in this solution.

This post was modified 10 months ago

ReplyQuote
Nikhil Rao
(@nikhil_rao)

Just wanted to say thank you!
I have the Dell 7567 i5 GTX1050 varitant and recently set it up with a GTX1080 8GB and an ADT-Link R43SG (Corsair CX650M).

Unlike you had to do with activating hotplug on port#9, my laptop seemed to detect the card with no issues, Installed latest driver 445.75, ran the nvidia-error43-fixer, rebooted and no issues so far! The port still shows hotplug disabled and im not sure if i even need to enable it.

2017 15" Dell Inspiron 7567 i5-7300HQ GTX1050 | ADT-Link R43SG | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 8GB |

2017 15" Dell Inspiron 7567 (GTX1050) [7th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 @ 32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
taknev
(@taknev)

Can I use the WiFi slot instead? Does it work? 

ReplyQuote
 of  3