2016 15" HP Spectre x360 + R9 [email protected] (Razer Core) + Win10 [xWiiLLz]  

RSS

xWiiLLz
(@xwiillz)
August 19, 2017 8:08 pm  

nando4>> The dGPU-equipped 15" Spectres have a limited number of PCIe lanes with only 2-remaining to attach the TB3 controller to. Hence this is a 16Gbps-TB3 implementation,

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share the success I had with my HP Spectre x360 and the Razer Core. It was pretty straight forward.
I got a blue screen at first, but after two reboots, the drivers were automatically installed and updated.

My setup:

HP Spectre x360
i7-7500U
16GB DDR4
512GB SSD
Nvidia Geforce 940MX

Razer Core TB3

Sapphire Dual-X R9 280x

2016 15" HP Spectre x360 940MX + R9 [email protected] (Razer Core) + Win10

mantide, TrDA and nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
(@ollie_ernst)
March 3, 2018 2:25 pm  

Hey,

Thanks so much for info.  Few questions if you don't mind.  Just bought same exact hp model, great del from best buy, half off, $700, open box but with no power cord.  Anyway, how is gaming with the egpu n razor?  What exactly did you buy to get the razor to work like a real gaming lap top.   lil confusing for me, not sure what I need exactly for this model.  Just want play real pc games on this hp x360 .  Is it worth it?  Not worried bout vr, just want some decent graphics with low lag etc.  Thanks.
Ollie

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote